Wattson is the newest hero added to Apex Legends, and she changes the meta with her unique special abilities. Instead of focusing on combat, Wattson is all about defense. She can place damaging Perimeter Security Nodes that generate electricity fences when chained together. You can place as many of these as you want, or drop them as you’re fighting to block doorways and other tactical chokepoints.
Wattson’s Ultimate is one of the best for team defense. Her Interception Pylon is the best possible Ultimate Defense mechanism. Summoning the node will protect an area from orbital bombardment, stop any incoming ordnance, and repairs shields in the area. You can place a maximum of three of these suckers.
All of these powers makes Wattson a handy character that’s focused on team defense. If you’re looking for the best tips, team compositions and strategies for Wattson, you’ve come to the right place.
More Apex Legends guides on Gameranx:
- Apex Legends: 26 Useful Tips & Tricks You Might Not Know About (Yet!) | Beginner’s Guide
- Apex Legends: 10 Ways It Improves On The Battle Royale Formula
- Apex Legends: The Best Legends & Ultimate Combos | Team Synergy Guide
- Apex Legends: Best Weapon Combos We’ve Found (So Far) | Loadout Guide
- Apex Legends: Here’s How Microtransactions & Loot Boxes Work | F2P Guide
- Apex Legends: Check Out Every Special Ability | Character Classes Guide
- Apex Legends: How To Unlock Free Playstation & Origin Cosmetics
- Apex Legends: All The Legendary Hero Skins Available (So Far) | Cosmetics Galler
Wattson Tips, Tricks & Strategies | Legend Guide
Wattson is an electrical engineer defender that can lockdown areas of the map with her energy fences and anti-ordnance nodes. Here’s a quick overview of her abilities.
- Watton Abilities:
- Tactical Ability: Perimeter Security – Connect nodes to create electrified fences that damage and slow enemies.
- Passive Ability: Spark of Genius – Ultimate Accelerants fully charge your Ultimate Ability, and standing near interception Pylons boost your Tactical Ability recharge.
- Ultimate Ability: Interception Pylon – Place an electrified pylon that destroys incoming ordnance and repairs damaged shields as long as it stands. (Max: 3)
Quick Tips & Tricks When Using Wattson
Wattson is best used as a defensive legend. She’s great at forcing enemies to expose themselves — your goal is to force your opponents to make mistakes. Don’t use Wattson to push unless you have backup.
Urban and enclosed areas are where Wattson is best. In the Bunker, in towns, in caves, and other large interiors — that’s where Wattson can dominate. Trap enemies and finish them off.
Use Wattson’s Ultimate to counter Bangalore or Gibraltar’s ultimates. Those two usually unleash their attacks when preparing to charge. Wattson is the best possible counter.
Her Ultimate is also incredibly useful when revived teammates. The Interception Pylon also destroys incoming grenades.
Carry an Ultimate Accelerant with you all the time. Wattson instantly recharged her Ultimate with one Accelerant, allowing you to place two Interception Pylons very quickly.
You can use electricity fences to trap people. If you’re being chased or see someone entering a building, place fences to block them or make their escape harder. If they’re caught in a fence, they’re slowed — making them an easy target.
When defending an area, place an Interception Pylon. When in range, Wattson’s tactical ability recharges much faster, allowing you to place way more fences.
Use a series of fences — not just one. An enemy will risk running through a single fence, or even two fences, but you can continue to layer them. You can place down layers of three or even four fences over a chokepoint in an indoor area to completely change a combat scenario.
Team Compositions – Who Wattson Works Best With
Give these team comps a try — these are the best combos we’ve found so far, but there are probably more amazing combinations to explore.
Wattson, Bangalore, Bloodhound – The Terror Trap Team
Bangalore’s smoke can hide Wattson’s traps, while Bloodhound can easily navigate the nightmare and kill enemies caught in your web. The ultimate in area protection. Not even ordnance drops can ferret you out.
Wattson, Lifeline, Pathfinder – Healing & High Ground
Use this team combo to keep your health and shields constantly recharged, while Pathfinder can keep dropping lines to make your team even more efficient and effective.
Wattson, Caustic, Wraith – Close Quarters Crushers
In enclosed areas, Wattson can block doors while Caustic’s poison traps can make even the nimblest enemies easy to spot. Employ Wraith to easily get the jump on opponents and help your team move around effortlessly.