Everyone loves llamas, and so does Lara Croft — and you’ll find a couple of them in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. After escaping nefarious Trinity agents, you’ll eventually find a peaceful location where you can rest, relax, and soak in the beautiful atmosphere of the Peruvian Jungle. This is where you’ll be able to pet all the llamas — it’s fun, and you’ll earn the ‘Como Te Llama’ achievement / trophy, which is a pro pun.
Because this is such a simple guide, I’m going to share some interesting llama facts with you all. Llamas are a close relative of the camel, and just like camels, they’re known to spit when threatened. Llamas also don’t have hoofs — what looks like a hoof is actually two large toe-nails. Llamas are also very social, and like sticking around with herds of other llamas. Sometimes, they’re even used to protect sheep, because they have keen senses and a natural fear of predators. They’ll quickly alert the herd if a nasty coyote or mountain lion is skulking around.
More Shadow of the Tomb Raider guides on Gameranx:
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider: How To Get The Reinforced Knife, Lockpick & Rope Ascender
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider: How To Solve Every Challenge Tomb | Puzzle Solutions Guide
All Llama Locations | ‘Como Te Llama’ Guide
To unlock the ‘Como Te Llama’ achievement / trophy, all you have to do is find five llamas and give them a good pet. Just press [Y / Triangle] when you find them, and Lara will pet them. They’ll let out a happy llama sound. There are more than five llamas in the Hidden City, but if you need the extra help, just check out the locations listed below.
- Starting from the entrance to the Hidden City, the first llama is right next to Unuratu’s home.
- Go south of the house, past the praying worshipers and down the stone steps. There’s another llama on the left, on a little grassy landing.
- Go west to the center of the Hidden City, across the bridge. Go to the marketplace and you’ll find a llama penned-in at the corner.
- There’s another llama very close to the previous one. Just look to the right and head up the shallow steps to find him, hanging out in the shadows.
- Go south of the marketplace until you find a house with hanging clothes drying in the wind. There’s an outdoor pen with one last llama at this house.
Pet all five, and the ‘Como Te Llama’ achievement / trophy will pop. It isn’t too hard, but petting llamas is a reward all its own.