Fortnite is Epic Games’ brand new co-op sandbox survival game where Minecraft meets Dungeon Defenders. Fortnite has four base classes which each have a variety of sub-classes available to them. It can get a bit overwhelming figuring out what abilities are provided by classes and which are provided by sub-classes so we put together a Fortnite classes guide below.
Find more Fortnite on Gameranx:
- Fortnite: How To Evolve Heroes
- Fortnite: Tips & Tricks For Beginners
- Fortnite: How To Farm Nuts n’ Bolts | Unlimited Ammo Guide
- Fortnite: How To Give Players Build Permission |Tips Guide
- Fortnite: Before You Buy
- Fortnite: How To Increase Homebase Power Level | Tips Guide
- Fortnite: How To Obtain Pure Drop of Rain | Tips Guide
- Fortnite: How To Earn More V-Bucks | Tips Guide
- Fortnite: How To Find Survivors | Tips Guide
Fortnite has four base classes which include the Constructor, Ninja, Outlander and Soldier. As you may have guessed the Constructor is focused around building while the Ninja is more agile and based around hack and slash melee skills. This may seem very basic but each of those four classes also have a variety of sub-classes. The Outlander for instance can be an electrical based Shock Trooper or the support based Pathfinder.
On top of those differences each character you own will have different levels as well as a star rating. You could have two Tank based Constructor characters but each could have different levels as well as star ratings. Confused yet? Reaching a certain level of experience with a character will allow you to evolve them into a higher star rating provided you have the required materials to do so. The higher the star rating of a character the more passives and abilities you will unlock.
For those who enjoy building things the Constructor class is for you. What the Constructor may lack in offense they more than make up for it in building support.
- BASE: The BASE alters the matter of connected building pieces. Affected walls will do a base of 4 damage to any enemies that attack them in melee. Attached structures gain 12% damage resistance.
- Bull Rush: The constructor charges 3 tiles forward, collecting enemies on a shield, knocking them back at the end of the rush or when colliding with a wall.
- Creative Engineering: Increases build speed by 10%. Reduces building cost by 10%.
- Kinetic Overload: Critical hits with a hardware melee weapon trigger a kinetic overload, dealing additional damage and knockback to the target.
- Plasma Pulse: Deploys a device whit emits exploding plasma pulses every 0.5 seconds for 10 seconds.
- Decoy: Deploy a decoy that will distract enemies for 12 seconds.
- Going and Going: Decoy lasts 3 seconds longer.
- What Doesn’t Kill You: Decoy has 25% more health.
- Automated Defenses: Increases BASE connectivity by 1 building piece.
- Electrified Floors: Enemies within the area affected by BASE take damage every 2 seconds.
- Emergency Override: Immediately ends the cooldown of Bull Rush when the Constructor’s shield breaks from damage.
- Long Rush: Increases Bull Rush distance to 4 tiles.
- Safety Protocols: Increases damage resistance of structures within area of BASE.
- Actuated Attacks: Increases all blunt weapon melee damage.
- Hammer Critical Chance/Damage: Increases critical chance/damage of blunt melee weapons.
- Healthy: Increases maximum health.
- Shielded: Increases maximum shield.
The Ninja is a hyper movement melee based class capable of double jumping. If being a glass cannon appeals to you then the Ninja is a great choice.
- Assassination: Dealing sword damage grants 1 stack of assassination, increases the damage dealt by swords. Lasts 5 seconds and stacks up to 5 times.
- Dragon Slash: Spring forward 2 tiles.
- Long-sassin: Increases the duration of assassination to 11 seconds.
- Mantis Leap: Leap once more while already jumping.
- Shinobi: Reduces fall damage by 10%.
- Smoke Bomb: Throw down a smoke bomb, creating a cloud that slows and damages enemies for 5 seconds.
- Throwing Stars: Throws ninja stars in a straight line.
- Easy Sword: Reduces sword combo energy cost by 60%.
- Easier Sword: Reduces sword combo energy cost by 80%.
- Praying Mantis: Increases effectiveness of Mantis Leap.
- Fleet: Increases movement speed by 12%.
- Soft Landing: Reduces fall damage by 40%.
- Three Mantis Style: Reduces energy cost of Mantis Leap by 50%.
- Cascade: Throw an additional throwing star.
- Crescent Kick: A quick kick that does damage and stuns for 3 seconds.
- Rain of Death: Throws an additional throwing star on the second toss.
- Return of the Dragon: Reduces cost of Dragon Slash to 35 energy.
- Wings of the Dragon: Increases length of Dragon Slash to 3 tiles.
Those looking to explore the map and collect as much loot as possible for themselves and their teammates should give the Outlander a shot.
- Anti-material Charge: Punches enemies or structures, knocking back smaller enemies.
- Focus Acquisition: Increases chance to find double loot.
- In The Zone: After 5 hits with a pickaxe, gain increased pickaxe damage.
- Loot Llama: Deploys a loot llama for your team to whack open.
- Phase Shift: Rapidly shift in direction you are currently facing.
- Keen Eyes: Reveals containers that contain valuable objects within 2 tiles.
- Keener Eyes: Increases range of Keen Eyes by 1 tile.
- Loot Find: 6% extra chance to find double loot.
- Passing Zone: Increases run speed while In The Zone by 12%.
- TEDDY: Deploy TEDDY for 15 seconds. TEDDY will blast enemies within 4 tiles 4 times a second.
- Work, Work: Increases harvesting weapon damage.
- Capacitor: Increases duration of Shock Tower by 2 seconds.
- Forked Lightning: Shock Tower can now emit a 3rd bolt of chain lightning.
- Phased Out: Reduces re-charge time of Phase Shift to 10 seconds.
- Shock Tower: Deploy tower that attacks nearby enemies with chain lightning.
- Super Capacitor: Shock Tower lasts an additional 2 seconds.
- Up The Voltage: Increases damage of Shock Tower by 35%.
The Soldier is better suited for those that want to be good at everything but not great at anything. The Soldier is capable of dealing ample damage as well as providing some support to teammates.
- Advanced Tactics: Health and Ranged Weapon damage increased by 10%.
- Assault Damage: Increases Assault Weapon damage.
- Debilitating Shots: Dealing ranged damage applies one stack of vulnerability, increasing damage taken from all sources for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Frag Grenade: Throw a frag grenade which detonates and deals damage after a few seconds.
- Goin’ Commando!!!: Fire a weapon 18 times per second for 10 seconds.
- Quick Clip: Increases reload speed by 40%.
- Shockwave: Emit a shockwave which deals damage and knocks back enemies.
- Survivalist: Killing an enemy with a ranged weapon heals you.
- Combatant’s Might: Reduces the energy cost of War Cry to 35.
- Lingering Pain: The Vulnerability debuff from Debilitating Shots can now stack to 5.
- Mighty Roar: Increases the range of War Cry by 55%.
- Perfect Engineering: Shockwave now applies 3 stacks of Debilitating Shots.
- Power Impact: Increases the radius of Shockwave by 38%.
- War Cry: Give a War Cry to teammates within 4 tiles. Grants 50% increased damage, 50% attack speed for ranged weapons, and 20% attack speed for melee weapons for 10 seconds.
Rescue Trooper Skills
- Ammo Recovery: Damaging an enemy with an assault weapon has a chance to generate ammo for the equipped weapon.
- Steady Aim: Reduces recoil by 29%.
- Clean Living: Increases base health by 20%.
- No Time To Bleed: Doubles the amount healed by Survivalist when an enemy is killed.