Lords of the Fallen Guide: Technical Issues Edition
Lords of the Fallen has some technical problems and we’re here to help.
While Lords of the Fallen might be receiving mostly positive reviews, there's one thing that is blatantly clear about the title: it suffers from a myriad of different technical issues. We've come up with some short step-by-step guides, courtesy of the game community, to help you figure out some of the more common game-breaking bugs you may encounter.
For users who have downloaded Patch 1.1, some new features will be available to you. You'll have to activate these, so follow along with these steps for each task.
Turning off Nvidia Turbulence and V-Sync to improve game performance:
1. Launch the game.
2. Enter advanced settings in options menu.
3. Select 'Nvidia turbulence' or 'V Sync'.
4. Switch the option to 'disabled'.
5. Apply changes.
6. Restart the game.
There is also an issue – ironically – of gamers not being able to use the above steps to turn off V-Sync or Nvidia Turbulence. Follow these steps to do it manually:
1. Open the game directory (right click on Lords of the Fallen in steam library, select properties, choose 'local files' tab, press 'browse local files')
2. Run with notepad file settings.ini
3. Find line 'apex_gpu_support_enabled = true'
4. Change the value from 'true' to 'false' (so the line reads 'apex_gpu_support_enabled = false)
5. Save the file.
6. Open documents.
7. Open Lords of the Fallen folder.
8. Repeat steps 2-5.
For gamers who experience crashing after first booting the game up, try this series of steps out:
1. Launch Steam.
2. Proceed to “Library”.
3. Right click on “Lords of the Fallen”.
4. Choose “Properties”.
5. Proceed to “Local files” section
6. Choose “Verify integrity of game cache”.
8. Open the game directory, open folder '_CommonRedist' then open 2 other folders- 'DirectX' and 'Jun2010' and install the DirectX by running 'DXSETUP'.