Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series got some new screenshots as well as some new details ahead of PAX East this weekend. Telltale confirmed in a press release today that players will be in the role of Star-Lord.
The original story takes us “from Earth to the Milano to Knowhere and beyond”, and is “set to the beat of awesome music”. Along the way, the Guardians of the Galaxy crew discover “an artifact of unspeakable power.”
“Each of them has a reason to desire this relic, as does a ruthless enemy who is the last of her kind, and who will stop at nothing to tear it from their hands,” Telltale said.
The cast of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy game is A-list for video game voice acting. However, sadly none of the actors from the movie make appearances. Here is the list:
- Star-Lord: Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights, The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series
- Gamora: Emily O’Brien (The Young and the Restless, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor)
- Rocket: Nolan North (the Uncharted series, Pretty Little Liars, 47% of all video games)
- Drax: Brandon Paul Eells (Watch Dogs)
- Groot: Adam Harrington (The Wolf Among Us, League of Legends)
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series will release sometime this spring. No platform details are available yet, but there will be a disc and season pass deal available. More news is sure to come, as there will be a panel at PAX East, and one show at SXSW the week after with a live Crowd Play session.