Announced to backers earlier today, Kickstarter backed point-and-click adventure Thimbleweed Park finally has an official release date. Coming on March 30, Thimbleweed Park will be unleashing its special brand of 2D murder-mystery on personal computing systems, Xbox One, and smartphones.
The key game features are as follows:
- From Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick, creators of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion.
- A neo-noir mystery set in 1987.
- 5 playable characters who can work together… or get on each other’s nerves.
- Not a walking simulator!
- Satisfying puzzles intertwined with a twisty-turny story that will stay with you.
- A vast, bizarre world to explore at your own pace.
- A joke every 2 minutes… guaranteed!*
- Casual and Hard modes with varied difficulty.
- English voices with English, German, French, Italian, and Spanish subtitles.
*Not a guarantee.
Hailed as a long-lost LucasArts game, Thimbleweed Park managed to raise over 600K during its kickstarter back in 2015. Co-creator Ron Gilbert previously revealed a budget breakdown for the game, which gives some insight into how and where money is spent in the production of an independently produced title.
Disclosure: Author supported Thimbleweed Park on kickstarter.