Offworld Trading Company is an economic strategy game by Civilization IV lead designer, Soren Johnson. Play the campaign, battle the AI, or go online and bankrupt your friends. You can earn your fortune, thwart the competition with underhanded attacks, turn friends into frenemies with 8-player multiplayer mode, and control the real-time, player-driven market. You can also establish yourself as the dominant Offworld Company in the dynamic campaign, unique every time you play.
The biggest DLC yet for the game is releasing October 27th for only $4.99. The Patron and the Patriot is focused on enhancing the single player campaign mode within the game. There have been enhancements built upon the campaign mode that shipped with the base game to improve Breadth, Depth, and Immersion for campaign players who purchase this DLC.
The new features include:
- Colony Class: each colony now specializes in one area of the economy, altering local market conditions in a variety of ways
- Campaign Length: The campaign tournament can now last for 4, 7, or 10 games. Each length comes with its own balance tweaks and gameplay nuances.
- Wholesale Orders game mode: Not all colonies want you to build habitats and work modules for them, some want wholesale goods from you
- Two New Characters: New CEOs with new gameplay perks
- Story-Driven Campaigns: Six interactive short stories about life on Mars, available to experience through playing the new characters on each different campaign length
- New Staffing Perks and New Achievements
You can read about the features above in detail on the game’s forum post. For more information about Offworld Trading Company, you can visit the home page at www.offworldgame.com. The Steam page is: http://store.steampowered.com/app/271240/