Despite the various leaks that were posted online regarding the upcoming game Final Fantasy XV, the latest event from Square Enix which was streamed to the masses through Twitch, still had plenty of announcements. Between the constant hyping up the crowd by asking how excited they were and teasing the launch date which was already leaked online earlier within the day, we got to witness new trailers, a five episode anime series, an animated film, and more!
In case you missed out on the event, here is a quick recap on some of the most notable reveals that occurred.
Final Fantasy XV – World of Wonder: Environment
One of the very few unspoiled trailers that were leaked online was the Final Fantasy XV World of Wonder: Environment trailer. If you were wondering about the various landscapes and what some of the finer details would be within Final Fantasy XV then take a look at this trailer.
In the trailer, Square Enix gives players a little glimpse of what they can expect on their epic journey.
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV
A feature-length CG film known as Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV was announced which is set during the period of the game, but focuses more on the Regis and the overall kingdom of Lucis. As of right now, the animated film will launch before Final Fantasy XV though no specific date has been set.
Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV
Brotherhood is an anime series that will contain five standalone episodes which give a backstory between the game’s protagonist and his three fellow friends. Best of all, the anime series will be uploading for free on YouTube for everyone to enjoy with the first episode available right now.
It’s not unusual for video games to receive a demo, but for Final Fantasy XV Square Enix has decided to create a unique demo that doesn’t include any content from in the official game. Instead, the demo will feature a young Noctis in a dream world. If players can complete the demo, they’ll unlock the Carbuncle summon DLC for free when the game launches. You can get the demo at some point tonight.
Justice Monsters Five
A new pinball game known as Justice Monsters Five will be featured and playable in Final Fantasy XV as a minigame, but it’ll also be available for iOS, Android, and Windows 10 as well. Currently, there is no indication on when this game will officially launch.
Lastly, the event showed off the different special collections you can pre-order through Square Enix.
- Day One Edition – $59.99
○ FINAL FANTASY series Masamune DLC weapon
○ Xbox Store Pre-order Incentives: Two Xbox One Avatars including Noctis Special Outfit and Carbuncle pet
○ PlayStation®Store Pre-order Incentives: Dynamic PS4™ theme for PlayStation®4 players
- Deluxe Edition – $89.99
○ All Day One Edition content plus an exclusive dual disc steelbook containing FINAL FANTASY XV and KINGSGLAIVE movie Blu-ray and Platinum Leviathan Regalia design and access to the Royal Raiment costume DLC.
- Ultimate Collector’s Edition (Available exclusively on the Square Enix Online Store) – $269.99
○ All Deluxe Edition content plus exclusive disc steelbooks containing the Official FINAL FANTASY XV Blu-ray Soundtrack (featuring music from FINAL FANTASY XV, KINGSGLAIVE and BROTHERHOOD), BROTHERHOOD Blu-ray (containing an exclusive sixth episode), hardcover artbook, an exclusive limited edition variant Noctis PLAY ARTS -KAI- action figure, and in-game item packs.