• Skip to main content
  • Skip to header right navigation
  • Skip to site footer
Gameranx

Gameranx

Video Game News, Lists & Guides

  • News
  • Features
  • Platforms
    • Xbox Series X
    • PS5
    • Nintendo
  • Videos
  • Upcoming Games
  • Guides

Guillermo del Toro Doesn’t Think He’ll Ever Develop A Game Again

December 27, 2021 by Matt Cook

The award-winning director won’t be making any Silent Hill games any time soon.

Famed director Guillermo del Toro was recently interviewed on the Happy Sad Confused podcast where he revealed he doesn’t see himself developing another video game in the future after Silent Hills was unfortunately canceled.

At The Game Awards earlier this month, Guillermo del Toro teased fans by saying, “You know, one franchise I love the art direction in? Silent Hill. I hope we get a new one of those.” This seemingly passing comment sent fans of the franchise reeling, hoping it was a hint at a game to come. Unfortunately, it was not. When asked if he was working on any Silent Hill-related projects, del Toro said, “No, not at all.”

The now-defunct Silent Hills game had Guillermo del Toro collaborating with Metal Gear creator, Hideo Kojima for game developers, Konami. Del Toro said on the subject of him making games, “It’s just one of those things in my life that makes no sense.” He explained this tease at The Game Awards saying, “I kind of just wanted to tickle the ribs of Konami because I don’t understand. That was so perfect, what we were going to do was so enthralling.”

Guillermo del Toro hasn’t had the best of luck when it comes to game development. He previously worked with Saints Row developer Volition on a survival horror game called Insane. That game was unfortunately canceled in 2012. While del Toro said gaming “as a storytelling exercise” fascinates him, he also shared, “I do not think I would develop a game again because I’m the albatross of video gaming.”

Silent Hills‘ cancelation was a big disappointment for gamers. A playable teaser for the game was released in 2014, along with the game’s announcement. The teaser proved successful, but that was not enough to save the game. The teaser has since been pulled from the PlayStation Store and is unplayable on the PS5.

While there have been no official announcements for Silent Hill sequels, Video Game Chronicles recently reported that Konami has more than one game in the works for the franchise. Until then, Silent Hill creator Keiichirō Toyama’s game Slitterhead was recently revealed at The Game Awards with a possible release date of 2023.

Source

Share this post:

FacebookTwitterLinkedInPinterest

Recent Videos

10 Upcoming Games With INSANE Graphics

10 Upcoming Games With INSANE Graphics

Resident Evil Requiem: 10 BIGGEST CHANGES

Resident Evil Requiem: 10 BIGGEST CHANGES

20 AA Games We CAN'T WAIT To Play

20 AA Games We CAN'T WAIT To Play

50 BEST Sci-Fi Games You SHOULD NOT Miss

50 BEST Sci-Fi Games You SHOULD NOT Miss

10 Early Access Games That Have Improved a LOT

10 Early Access Games That Have Improved a LOT

God of War: Sons of Sparta - Before You Buy

God of War: Sons of Sparta - Before You Buy

BIG NEW PLAYSTATION STATE OF PLAY GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS & MORE

BIG NEW PLAYSTATION STATE OF PLAY GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS & MORE

Reanimal - Before You Buy

Reanimal - Before You Buy

High on Life 2 - Before You Buy

High on Life 2 - Before You Buy

Category: UpdatesTag: PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PS4, PS5, Silent Hill, Silent Hills, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S

Sidebar

Recent Posts

  • An Alternate Cut of GTA V’s Jewelry Heist Has Resurfaced
  • Rumor: Monster Hunter Wilds Is Coming To Switch 2, With Local Multiplayer
  • Elder Scrolls 6 Will Use Creation Engine 3 – Todd Howard Describes What It’s Like
  • Destiny 2’s Next Update Is Delayed A Full Three Months To June
  • Most Of Bethesda, Including Todd Howard, Is Working On Elder Scrolls 6, And It Just Passed A Big Milestone

Copyright © 2026 · Gameranx · All Rights Reserved · Powered by Mai Theme