The first time you watch an intro video is always exciting, but they tend to lose their magic upon the sixth or seventh viewing so we won’t judge you if you want to skip the Fallout 4 intro. One Steam user has written a detailed guide to doing exactly that if you’re playing Fallout 4 on a PC.
1) Go to C:\Users\[PC account name]\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\ (if you’ve moved the game file or modified any folders, you’ll have to figure out exactly where it’s located)
2) Open Fallout4.ini
3) Under [General] write (without the apostrophes): “SIntroSequence=1”
4) Go back to the Fallout 4 folder and open Fallout4Prefs.ini
5) Under [General] write (without the apostrophes): “SIntroSequence=1”
You can also try this technique:
1) Find the location where you installed Steam
2) Open steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Video and delete the files “GameIntro_V3_B.bk2”
If you choose to delete the entire game intro file, it’s probably a good idea to have a backup somewhere else – you never know when nostalgia might strike.
If you’d like more tips on how to optimize your Fallout 4 gameplay experience this week, check out our guides to unlocking frame rate, which settings to turn on or off, companions, basic and advanced console commands, and disabling mouse acceleration.