State of Decay 2: [PSA] Move Items Directly From Vehicle To Base With This Super Useful Feature | Looting Guide
[Want to see more guides like this? Subscribe to GuideRanx for daily new gaming guides.]
Looting just got a whole lot easier in State of Decay 2. I’ve already seen plenty of new players struggling with one of the most annoying, slow aspects of the game — transferring those heavy loot bags to your base inventory. It’s a basic part of the game, and required if you want to stay stocked up on everything a survivalist compound needs to survive. Your survivor can only carry one heavy bag at a time — but there are ways to make life so, so much easier.
Hence the title of this article. You can make the long slog way, way faster with this super easy-to-miss feature. Items can be transferred directly from your vehicle trunk into your base inventory. That means you won’t have to carry stuff from your vehicle, to your base, and again and again if you’ve got multiple packs. It’s simple, it’s straight-forward, and it makes the game so much more enjoyable.
More State of Decay 2 guides on Gameranx:
- State of Decay 2: 16 Advanced Tips To Help You Beat The Campaign Fast | Easy Completion Guide
- State of Decay 2: Beginner’s Guide | Tips To Help You Survive The Zombie Apocalypse
- State of Decay 2: How To Cure (Or Delay) The Blood Plague | Infection Treatment Guide
- State of Decay 2: Here’s The Best Way To Destroy Plague Hearts | Combat Strategy Guide
- State of Decay 2: How To Earn More Influence Faster | Best Farming Methods
- State of Decay 2: How To Unlock Artillery Strikes | Best Radio Command Guide
- State of Decay 2: How To Manage & Improve Your Community | Base Happiness Guide
- State of Decay 2: How To Kill Juggernauts (Without Dying) | Easy Freaks Guide
- State of Decay 2: Everything You Need To Know About Outposts | Power, Water, Artillery & More
- State of Decay 2: Sheriff Legacy Goal Walkthrough | Endings Guide
Move Items From Your Vehicle Straight To Base Inventory | Faster Looting Guide
Your Community in State of Decay 2 has many, many needs — one of those needs is resources. To keep stocked up on food, medical supplies, ammo, gas, and building materials, you’ll need to loot large bags from areas. Each survivor can only lug around a single large bag.
To make looting easier, you can bring a vehicle with you. The starting truck starts with six item slots — meaning you can carry up to six items, or six large resource bags, in a single vehicle trunk. Just don’t forget to keep your vehicle filled up with gas. Future vehicles can even be upgraded, or just start, with more trunk space.
Trunks aren’t just a godsend because you can finally collect more than one resource bag at a time. No, they’re even better because now you can instantly transfer items from the trunk into your base inventory. Here’s how it works.
- How To Move Items From Your Trunk Into Base Inventory:
- Fill your vehicle trunk with lots of good stuff — including multiple large resource bags.
- Return to your base and park in the designated parking spot. The vehicle MUST BE PARKED for this to work. A little message will alert you when you’re parked.
- Highlight the item you want to transfer and press [RT].
- Look at the bottom of the screen. If you’re on PC, or changed the controls, the optional will appear below.
And that’s it! You can move heavy bags straight to your base inventory without lugging them around, swapping around inventories, or doing any of that annoying stuff. I had no idea you could do this, and it looks like most other players I’ve talked to recently had the same issue. Don’t make the same mistake I did. Make life way easier. Use this feature.