Cuphead, developed by StudioMDHR Entertainment, is a run and gun platform indie title. Overall, the narrative follows Cuphead and his brother Mugman, as they end up making a terrible bet against the devil. Losing the bet, Cuphead and Mugman are forced to give their souls to the devil, but it seems that our protagonist duo can save themselves if they go out and collect debts.
The devil has a number of souls that are owed to him by other sorrowful cartoon characters. If Cuphead and Mugman can go out and collect all the souls then the devil may just allow them to keep their own souls in return. However, debt collecting is easier said than done, both Cuphead and Mugman will have a difficult road ahead of themselves.
Most of the game is based around boss battles and each can be rather difficult to go through. However, if you need a hand then look no further, we’re here to offer a guide on how to defeat each boss in the video game.
You will want to take notice that the game will force players to go through boss battles in regular mode in order to claim the souls. If you’re having a difficult time defeating a boss then go through the simple mode a few times to get the hang of things before attempting the regular session which will up the difficulty.
Without further ado, check out the boss guide down below along with our other boss guides for Cuphead.
Find More Cuphead Guides Featured On Gameranx
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Root Pack | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Clip Join Calamity | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Mausoleums | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Ruse of an Ooze| Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Threatenin’ Zepplein | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Floral Flury | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Sugarland Shimmy | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Carnival Kerfuffle | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Aviary Action | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Pyramid Peril | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: All Coin Locations Within World 3 & Finale | Collectibles Guide
- Cuphead: All Coin Locations Within World 2 Inkwell Isle 2 | Collectibles Guide
- Cuphead: All Coin Locations Within World 1 Inkwell Isle | Collectibles Guide
Secret Game Mode Unlock Guide
While chatting with the NPCs around Cuphead, you’ll come across a turtle sitting on a dock who will give a hint. What this hint is referring to is completing the platforming levels without shooting any enemies. This can be a difficult challenge but a rewarding one if you complete all five.
As mentioned, there are a total of five platforming levels within Cuphead. They are labeled the following down below.
- Forest Follies
- Treetop Trouble
- Funfair Fever
- Funhouse Fazzle
- Perilous Piers
- Rugged Ridge
You’ll need to complete each one without shooting an enemy, though supers that grant users invincibility, dashing, and parrying will be allowed.
If you successfully go through the level without shooting an enemy then the game will give you a P grade and the flag outside will be a P flag. Once you have completed all of the levels noted above, you will unlock a new game mode.
This new game mode will alter the audio and change the display to black-and-white giving a more 1930s retro style.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.