Brendan Greene, the creator behind the popular Battle Royale mod for H1Z1 and Arma 3 announced today that his exciting standalone title, Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, would be releasing via Steam’s early access program. Harnessing the power of Unreal Engine 4, Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds plunges players into a high tension scenario sprawled across an 8 x 8 km island, and gives them a very serious ultimatum: become the lone survivor, or perish in the crossfire.
The plan is for Battlegrounds to stay in early access for just under six months, so the development team can finalise the modding tools and allow the game to be continuously shaped by community feedback. Here are the current set of features available:
- Custom Games: Being implemented after Early Access, this feature will allow select groups of players to create and host their own games with special server configurations, such as the number of players, option to spectate the round, play or set the game as private with password and more. Additional information about custom games will be announced after Early Access launch.
- Realistic Gunplay: Players use real-world weapons found via supply drops to create an authentic and visceral experience.
- Massive 8km x 8km World: Players begin as weak survivors and develop into powerful soldiers on a massive, deserted island set in Eastern Europe.
- Built with Unreal Engine 4: PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS utilizes the latest development tools to deliver realistic visuals, animations and gameplay.
- In-Depth Loot System: Players will uncover a wide variety of weapons, armor, attachments, and much more as they explore – and battle – across the world.
- Player-Focused Metagame Tools: Leaderboards and statistics plus replays and spectator mode tools are coming after Early Access launch.
- Loads of Localization: Launching into twelve languages (English, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Arabic) with translations coming directly from the community.
Embrace your inner survivor today by purchasing Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds on PC for $29.99 USD.