Hello Games’ Sean Murray Says No Man’s Sky was a ‘Mistake’

no-mans-sky-08-18-16-1
Earlier today, Hello Games on Twitter posted, “No Man’s Sky was a mistake.” This marks the first time since August 18 that the account had posted any updates.

Many assumed that the account had been hacked, but the tweet is clearly visible through LinkedIn and other platforms the service shares its tweets with, and Hello Games itself—when queried by Forbes—says that the tweet was indeed real and posted by a disgruntled employee at the company.

hello-games

Polygon reached out to Sean Murray to find out who had posted it, and Murray confirmed that he himself had done so.

“The tweet is from me, but somebody from the team took it down,” he wrote in the email. “We have not been coping well.”

Murray did not respond to follow-up emails from the publication.

As it stands, it would appear that the “disgruntled employee” is no one other than the game’s creator, Sean Murray. We can only speculate on what this means for the future of the game, which sold incredibly well due to its hype. Updates were promised, but none appear to be forthcoming.