Grinding Gear Games has announced a new content update for Path of Exile that brings the game up to version 2.3.0. The new update will release on June 3, 2016 and marks the inception of both a Standard and Hardcore version of the Prophecy Challenge League. Additionally, players will get to check out a host of new skills, items, and challenges to prolong their experience with the action RPG.
In the new update, players will encounter Navali, a Karui soothsayer, in each town as they explore Wraeclast in the Prophecy leagues. Paying this NPC a bit of silver will offer players a glimpse of the future, divining a Prophecy for players to fulfill. Basically, she’s a new questgiver. The prophecies will take players to far-off reaches of the continent and pit them against difficult foes.
Celebrating the release of the content pack, the developer is offering a Prophecy Supporter Pack. Priced at $60 and including 500 points, the Prophecy Supporter Pack represents over $100 of value and contains:
- Prophecy Shroud Armor Set
- Prophecy Portal Effect
- Prophecy Mask Helmet Attachment
- Prophecy Supporter Forum Title and Social Portrait Frame
The Supporter Pack is available for purchase now with its effects immediately accessible so that players can begin preparing for the Prophecy leagues in style.
You can check out the new trailer below.
- New Items: Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile supporters, three new types of Unique Strongboxes, and a new end-game map base type: the Plaza Map.
- Expanded Skills: Five new skills have been added including Spirit Offering, Ancestral Warchief, Fury, Frostbolt, and Vortex – a new area spell that explodes in a burst of cold around the caster, creating an icy vortex.
- Challenges and Rewards: The Prophecy leagues include a set of 40 new challenges. In addition to the generous rewards earned by fulfilling Prophecies, Players earn exclusive microtransactions as challenges are completed.
- The Endgame Labyrinth: The rumors are true – there is a fourth Labyrinth! High-level players must complete difficult map versions of the Trials of Ascendancy to gain access to the Endgame Labyrinth. Completing this version of the Labyrinth will grant players additional Ascendancy class points, allowing them access to more complex character builds.
- Technical Improvements: The game’s memory management system has been overhauled and its sound system replaced. There are also gameplay balance adjustments to some skills and items.