• Skip to main content
  • Skip to header right navigation
  • Skip to site footer
Gameranx

Gameranx

Video Game News, Lists & Guides

  • News
  • Features
  • Platforms
    • Xbox Series X
    • PS5
    • Nintendo
  • Videos
  • Upcoming Games
  • Guides

Nintendo Looking At VR, Mobile Plans Remain On Course

February 2, 2016 by Ryan Parreno

Game business analyst Dr Serkan Toto revealed that Nintendo had some things to say about VR and mobile for the press event following their reveal of this quarter’s financial results.

nintendo-logo
Game business analyst Dr Serkan Toto revealed that Nintendo had some things to say about VR and mobile for the press event following their reveal of this quarter’s financial results.

So Nintendo (at the briefing) just said no change in plans for the smartphone app roll out. Says they “are looking” at VR – with no details.

— Dr. Serkan Toto (@serkantoto) February 2, 2016

(Note: Dr Toto tweeted in a rush, but he was referring to the press event when he says briefing in this tweet. The Nintendo investor’s briefing is usually scheduled the day after quarterly and annual financials are publicly released.)

This statement is notable, since it is a break from prior statements by Nintendo about VR. Both Nintendo Co Ltd fellow Shigeru Miyamoto and Nintendo of America EVP of sales and marketing Scott Moffitt have explained Nintendo’s push for gamers playing together in the living room is hindered by VR.

Note that in neither case did Miyamoto or Moffitt discredit VR. They both simply indicated the way VR tech is used is at odds with Nintendo’s philosophy. However, no such statement was made, or even implied, here.

Perhaps Nintendo simply wants to sit out this round of innovation this time, as they still pay the risks for trying to bring glassess free 3D and tablet game controllers to consoles.

As for Nintendo’s mobile plans, we already know intimately about Miitomo, which seems to be a twist on social communication apps like LINE (You can learn more about Miitomo here). Nintendo is releasing five games on mobile, and while Miitomo is free, the rest will be free-to-play.

Of course, Nintendo making games on mobile is a risk as well, but it seems well calculated, as Nintendo limits their involvement to five games, and plans to use this to push their own platforms.

What do you think Nintendo should do when it comes to mobile and VR? Tell us know what you think in the comments.

Share this post:

FacebookTwitterLinkedInPinterest

Recent Videos

Top 10 NEW Games of June 2026

Top 10 NEW Games of June 2026

LEGO Batman: Legacy of The Dark Knight - Before You Buy

LEGO Batman: Legacy of The Dark Knight - Before You Buy

Assassin's Creed Black Flag DESPERATELY Wants You Back

Assassin's Creed Black Flag DESPERATELY Wants You Back

7/10 Games We PLAY MORE THAN 10s

7/10 Games We PLAY MORE THAN 10s

Subnautica 2: 10 Things The Game DOESN'T TELL YOU

Subnautica 2: 10 Things The Game DOESN'T TELL YOU

GTA6 TRAILER SOON? LEAKS & MORE

GTA6 TRAILER SOON? LEAKS & MORE

Forza Horizon 6 - Before You Buy

Forza Horizon 6 - Before You Buy

Subnautica 2 - Before You Buy

Subnautica 2 - Before You Buy

20 Legendary Games That PUSHED GRAPHICS TO THE LIMIT

20 Legendary Games That PUSHED GRAPHICS TO THE LIMIT

Category: UpdatesTag: Miitomo, Mobile, Nintendo, VR

Sidebar

Recent Posts

  • State Of Play Confirmed For June 2, Featuring Marvel’s Wolverine
  • Rumor: Did A Free Game Break Through Steam’s Security Measures And Spread Malware?
  • Mystery Solved: Yoshi and the Mysterious Book’s Developer Confirmed To Be Good-Feel
  • Warhorse Studios Confirms They’re Making A Lord of The Rings Game – and A New Kingdom Come Deliverance
  • Embracer Group Decides To Spin Off Fellowship Entertainment, Cancelling Last Year’s Rebranding Plans

Copyright © 2026 · Gameranx · All Rights Reserved · Powered by Mai Theme