Star Wars Battlefront will be returning this holiday season with a vengeance. The title will be bolstered by the release of Star Wars: Episode 7 in theatres, which should prove to be an enormous coup for developer DICE. This is – for many – the culmination of a ten year long wait. Battlefront has been removed from the gaming equation for far too long.
If you haven't been following the news surrounding the new Battlefront, then we've got your back. Here's a list of some of the newest announcements pertinent to the Battlefront universe that have surfaced over the past few days. One of the more interesting topics listed here is that DICE is aiming to achieve 60 frames per second in-game. If they can make that happen, it will be quite an achievement, indeed.
- Targeting 60fps [source]
- Destruction: "We're using destruction where it make sense but also working to create something that is authentic to the universe." [source]
- Map sizes will vary: "We have varying map sizes, from large to small, to cater to different experiences and different modes." [source]
- Playable Heroes include Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and more to be revealed later: "You can play more than that, but so far we have only revealed Vader and Boba Fett. More will come." [source]
- Comparisons to original Battlefront games: "It is both different and similar in many ways. This is why we have done a reboot instead of calling it Battlefront 3." [source]
- There won't be space battles, but some air combat is featured: "You will be able to take to the skies over our planets and dogfight with squadrons of starfighters." [source]
- Playable Heroes will depend on the particular game mode: "Heroes depend heavily on the game mode. We will tell you more about heroes at a later date." [source]
- Will have plenty of powerups: "Yes, the shield is a Battlefront powerup, and we have many more to reveal in the future." [source]
- Will have a progression system: "Yes, there will be plenty of things to unlock, achieve, and collect. More on this will be revealed at a later date!" [source]
- Will feature four planets at launch: Endor, Hoth, Tatooine, and Sullust [source]
- PC specs have not been announced. But "it's going to look amazing on all platforms." [source]
- Will have more than 8 maps at launch, and more than two per planet [source]
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.