EA and DICE have been trying to patch up the messy controversial game that is Star Wars Battlefront 2 basically ever since launch, and they have been doing a decent job at it.
Not only did we get some free DLC characters, but we also got rid of microtransactions – a big problem of the game. To this day, DICE and EA have been working hard on making Battlefront 2 great.
Today the developer released a new update 1.23 for PS4 which fixes a slew of problems within the game, while also changing and tweaking their latest character, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Check out the changes made to Obi-Wan down below:
A brand-new appearance will be arriving for Obi-Wan Kenobi and you’ll soon be able to enter the battlefront dressed in his “General Kenobi” attire, inspired by the Clone Wars animated show.
This appearance will be classed as Epic and will cost 40,000 credits or 1,000 crystals.
OBI-WAN KENOBI IMPROVEMENTS
It’s been great to welcome Obi-Wan into Star Wars Battlefront II and in the December update, we’re going to be making some improvements to him.
We’ve focused a lot on his animations and have made improvements to his dodges, stagger and defeated animations. We’ve also tweaked various other animations such as his jump and attack, and his ground attack.
Further adjustments have been made, including improvements to Obi-Wan Kenobi’s model and character rigging. Many of these changes won’t be visible on first glance, but they all go together to improve the overall quality and feel of General Kenobi.
Update 1.23 is now available to download for PS4 with the other platforms to follow. Check out the full set of patch notes down below:
DECEMBER UPDATE RELEASE NOTES
- A new “General Kenobi” appearance for Obi-Wan Kenobi is available to unlock
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Implemented a new UI bar for improved readability of Hero stamina
- The player’s health bar has been updated with an indicator that lets players know how many dodges are available
- Implemented Squad Spawn on Blast and reduced the spawn timer for that mode to 5 seconds
- Fixed an issue where a fully charged “All-Out Push” ability would not deal damage to enemies that are in the 2nd half of the ability zone
- Fixed an issue where the UI lines of the “All-Out Push” ability would not be completely visible if the player doesn’t charge up the ability
- Fixed an issue where players could not cancel the “Defensive Rush” ability by dodging
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t see the Lightsaber ignite animation while being frozen by Kylo Ren
- Prevented Lightsaber damage for Obi-Wan if he is attacked by Lightsabers during the “Defensive Rush” ability
- Fixed an issue where Emperor Palpatine’s main attack would show on Obi-Wan Kenobi’s body, instead of his Lightsaber, when deflecting
- Fixed an issue where Obi-Wan’s “Your Move” and “Absolutes” emotes would play swapped in-game
- Moved Obi-Wan’s “All-Out Push” ability to the left ability slot and “Defensive Rush” to the right one, in order to address player feedback and improve consistency
- Fixed an issue where General Grievous would not deal additional damage when attacking from behind
- Fixed an issue where General Grievous would occasionally get stuck in an animation when hit by a Shock Grenade
- Fixed an issue where General Grievous would occasionally deal “Unrelenting Advance” ability damage by blocking
- Fixed an issue where Darth Vader would occasionally get stuck in the Choke animation
- Fixed an issue where Han Solo’s Detonite Charge would not visually explode when triggered
SQUAD SPAWN CHANGES
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally be able to select empty Squad Spawn slots
- Fixed an issue where the Start button would be grayed out when the player attempts to spawn on a squad member inside a land vehicle
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to choose seemingly available Heroes – Reinforcements while the spawn delay timer is active
GAME MODE AND MAP CHANGES
- Fixed an issue that would prevent a game round to start properly, if a player would not pick a Hero within the allocated time
- Various level art, audio, draw distance and collision fixes, focusing on the vehicle debris and rocks on Geonosis
- Made some slopes in Phase 3 of Geonosis easier to traverse with the AT-TE
- Fixed an issue where the LAAT carrying an AT-TE would occasionally appear in very low resolution
- Fixed an issue where Boba Fett would be able to float on invisible ceilings in certain areas during Phase 2
- Fixed an issue where a blank scene would show up in the beginning of the final cutscene on Geonosis
- Fixed an issue where players could reach a spot outside the map geometry by using Boba Fett or any Lightsaber-carrying Hero
- Fixed an issue where the Hangar objectives on Crait would be named “HARDCELLS”
- Fixed an issue where the STAP’s “Laser Barrage” ability would fire an extra laser stream to the ground
- Fixed an issue where the AT-TE’s front cannon muzzle flash would show in the wrong color
- Added more audiovisual effects when the AT-TE is being dropped on Geonosis
- Fixed a visual issue where the AT-ST would look too small in the End-Of-Round MVP screen
- Fixed a visual issue where the rimlight effect would turn on and off when rotating characters in Inspector mode
- Fixed a visual issue where unlocking Hero Starfighters Star Cards would stretch the artwork for the respective Card
- Fixed an issue where Smart Ion Grenade explosion VFX would occasionally be missing when exploding near certain vehicles
- In order to ensure scoring fairness, we have currently disabled the scoring event when a player squad spawns on you. We are investigating the causes of the exploit and will proceed to a fix at a later update.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 is now available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Are you happy with the latest changes for the online shooter? Let us know in the comments below!