Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare‘s next patch is now live, along with a couple of new weapons and camos. The update was announced by developer Infinity Ward on Reddit. It includes a lot of bug fixes and tweaks, but also a few substantial content additions. The full patch notes are listed at the bottom of this article.
The addition of Scorestreak Variants headlines this patch. These change the look and behavior of scorestreaks in the game. There are now Rare, Legendary, and Epic variants of scorestreaks, but these variants are only available through crafting. These are essentially modifications for existing scorestreaks. For example, the Rare UAV variant is painted blue and lasts longer than the normal UAV, but it also has lower health, Reddit user xKevinn explains.
The patch also includes a new voiceover pack from Ozzy Man Reviews, a popular Youtube personality. This is the latest pack to be added to Infinite Warfare.
The game has also updated the Quartermaster with two new guns. The Auger is a chaingun-style LMG, while the Trencher is an SMG fitted with an under-barrel grenade launcher. There are also a number of new weapon camos and accessories available.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare 5/2/17 Patch Notes:
- Ozzy Man Reviews Voice Over Pack
- Scorestreak Variants
- Increasing the audio range of the Micro Turret and Shock Sentry
- Rig ability Killjoys now allow both ability Payloads to count towards progress
- Updated Trinity Rocket to prevent the lock-on missiles from aggressively tracking targets when they should have hit the ground
- Removed secondary knife from R3K and FHR loadouts as your melee is always an OHK
- OSA replaces the M1 and Hailstorm loadout
- OSA can now be selected in custom matches
- Assists score is now doubled if the player did a majority of the damage to the victim
- Improved passing behavior for the drone
- Fixed an issue where throwing the drone at a scorestreak would apply 1 damage
- Fix for some players being unable to perform Taunts in the Winner’s Circle in both Public and Custom matches
- Fix for some players being unable to equip a custom emblem after switching from a previously made emblem
- Fix for some players encountering an issue where renaming an emblem could possibly delete it
- Fix for animated weapon camos
- Various map fixes
- Fix for the player arrows on the minimap only displaying the direction of the spectated player
- Adjusted the team colors to be a bit more visible on the minimap
- Added a “Contested” icon when a defending and attacking both jump into the goal to better message when carry scores are blocked
- Removed the Heart cooldown
- Miscellaneous bug fixes