Upgrade Kat and fly (or fall) higher than ever before with talismans in Gravity Rush 2. These rare pieces of equipment are only found in the Nevi-infested mining sites far beneath the city, and getting your grubby paws on one (or ten) doesn’t have to be a chore. Below you’ll find a quick rundown of talismans — where they come from, how to equip them, and how to get lots more.
Talismans aren’t just a random drop either — some special talismans can be unlocked by completing special challenges, finishing treasure hunts, or during special events. You can even get a talisman or two by swapping photos with the camera function Kat acquires by Chapter 2.
More Gravity Rush 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Gravity Rush 2: 100% Trophy Completion Guide | Platinum Walkthrough
- Gravity Rush 2: How to Beat Every Boss | Tips & Tricks
- Gravity Rush 2: Unlock Fast Travel With These Warp Locations | Maps
- Gravity Rush 2: All Men & Women Portrait Locations | Collection Guide
- Gravity Rush 2: All Hekseville / Jirga Para Lhao Sites | Tour Guide
- Gravity Rush 2: Side Missions & Challenges | Requirements & Rewards List
- Gravity Rush 2: Trophy List | Collectibles, Challenges, Skills & More
Here’s How to Get Premium Talismans | Unlock Guide
[Work-In-Progress: Check back soon for new updates.]
Talismans are special stone Kat can equip for a variety of effects. You’ll get your first Talisman after defeating the boss and completing the Rift Plane in Mission 3: Trial and Passage.
Talismans can be equipped / unequipped at any time. Press [Options] –> Talismans –> Then select the slot to equip a talisman. You can equip up to three talismans at once, and each talisman can have up to three special bonus effects.
Talismans are earned in three ways:
- #1: Mining Gravity Ore and returning the talisman stone for appraisal.
- #2: Treasure Hunt rewards
- #3: Event rewards
Most Talismans are earned by travelling to the Mining Site. Look for a yellow star icon on the map — that’s how you can access mining sites. These icons won’t start appearing until Chapter 2: Jirga Para Lhao, but you can also earn them in Chapter 1: Banga if you accept Side Mission 2: Fly Me to the Storm.
- While exploring mining sites, smash regular green gems and sometimes you’ll find basic talismans. These are randomized, and are only appraised after you escape. Appraisal happens automatically once you return to the city / town hub area.
- My First Talisman
- Bonus Effects: Life Extender (Increases maximum health) x2
- How to Get: Earned by completing Chapter 3: Trial and Passage.
- Mining Site No. 0 Jewel
- Bonus Effects: Dodge Enhancer (Increases number of times you can evade / block) x2
- How to Get: Earned by defeating the Giant Nevi at Mining Site No. 0 — wait for a gravitational disturbance report then return to the Mining Site to fight this mini-boss.
- Morning Flight
- Bonus Effects: Power Extender N (The Spiraling Claw lasts longer.) x2, Pain Inducer N (Further increases the damage dealt by attacks while in Normal Style. Medium Effect, Connect be Stacked.)
- How to Get: Earned by getting a Gold Trophy in Time Limit Battle 1.
- Speedy News
- Bonus Effects: Stasis Conserver N (Lowers the SP required to perform the Piercing Throw in Normal Style.) x2
- How to Get: Earned by getting a Gold Trophy in Newspaper Delivery 2.
- Cecie’s Wish
- Bonus Effects: Gem Detector (Nearby precious gems give off a sound. Cannot be stacked.)
- How to Get: Earned by completing Side Mission: If I Had Just One Wish
- Pet Lover
- Bonus Effects: Breeder (Dogs are attracted to Kat. Cannot be stacked.)
- How to Get: Complete Side Mission: Things I Like, Things I Hate.
- Throwing Arm
- Bonus Effects: Compressor (Lowers the range for throwing objects in Stasis Field in Normal Style, but increases the damage dealt. x2)
- How to Get: Earn the Gold Trophy in Challenge Mission: Stasis Field Battle (Houseboat Fleet).
- Golden Victory
- Bonus Effects: Tonic (Recover energy faster.) / Efficient Kick N (Lowers the amount of energy required to perform a Gravity Kick. / High Mileage N (While using Normal Style gravity, you don’t use as much energy shifting.
- How to Get: Complete Side Mission: Dream of the Sky.
- Best Seller
- Bonus Effects: Stasis Converter N (Lowers the SP required to perform the Piercing Throw attack in Normal Style.) / Strong Arm (Increases the maximum distance an object held in a Stasis Field can be thrown in Normal Style. Cannot be stacked.)
- How to Get: Complete Side Mission: An Author’s Discreet Charm.
- Azure Victory
- Bonus Effects: Tonic (Recover energy faster) x2
- How to Get: Complete Side Mission: Dream of the Sky 2.
More talismans coming soon.