Like Darks Souls and Eldin Ring, Lords of the Fallen has its own system for acquiring boss weapons. These are weapons you can purchase in the hub after defeating bosses. By turning in the key items bosses drop after defeat, you can earn powerful (and unique) weapons or spells. And to trade for these items, you’ll need to find Molhu. Unlike Eldin Ring, you don’t get these rewards for free either. To buy boss weapons, you’ll need a rare currency called Umbral Scouring.
Below we’ll explain how to claim boss weapons and where to find Umbral Scouring. There’s a limited supply of these items, so be very picky — only choose the weapons you really, really want.
More Lords of the Fallen guides:
Beginner’s Guide | How To Reach Skyrest Bridge | Mineowner’s Ring Location | Seedling Vestige Farm | Blacksmith Location | Critical Attacks | Early Vigor Farm | Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal Boss Guide
How To Get Boss Weapons
Boss weapons can be purchased from Molhu — a mysterious and creepy creature in the Skyrest Bridge hub. Molhu requires a key item called the Bowl of Revelations before he will create boss weapons for you.
To reach the Skyrest Bridge hub, you’ll need to progress through Redcopse Village and defeat Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal on the bridge arena. After defeating her, you’ll find a spiral staircase leading down into the Skyrest Bridge.
- After acquiring key items (called Remembrances) dropped by bosses, you can talk to the merchant Molhu. Go up the stairs near the Vestige and enter the Umbral to find a strange multi-armed creature. This creature will trade Vigor for items or you can sell.
- This creature will also slot Eyes into your Umbral Lamp.
- Molhu will only create boss weapons after bringing him the Bowl of Revelations.
Talk to Molhu with a boss key item in your inventory. Major bosses drop these items — you’ll need a special currency to purchase boss weapons. Items called Umbral Scouring are required to craft the boss weapons. These are rare and only found in specific locations. Before getting into Umbral Scouring, you’ll also need to collect the Bowl of Revelations — this is located after finding Molhu for the first time.
- Where To Find The Bowl of Revelations: Located in Pilgrim’s Perch on the main path leading to the Bellroom Vestige lower-level lift shortcut. On the path through the rainy cliffs and wooden walkways, you’ll need to take a ladder down and enter the Umbral to cross an umbral platform covered in eggs and Moth undead corpses.
- Look the Umbral husk item container in the center of this area to collect Umbral Scouring (x2) and the Bowl of Revelations.
Once you have the Bowl, talk to Molhu and you’ll be given the option to give it to him. With the bowl, you will gain the option to use Remembrances. These only drop from major bosses.
Where To Find Umbral Scouring
Umbral Scouring is a unique currency you can trade to Molhu in Skyrest Bridge in exchange for boss weapons. To earn Umbral Scouring, you’ll need to find and activate Stigmas. Stigmas are glimpses into the past. Activate these Stigmas with your Soulflay ability. After the short scene completes, you’ll be rewarded with x2 Umbral Scouring. Stigma only appears in specific locations.
- Stigma #1: Redcopse Village – From the Redcopse Village Vestige, follow the road toward the village. There’s a ghostly image in the Umbral very close by.
- Stigma #2: Redcopse Mill – Left of the bell gate near the Mill Vestige, there’s a drop down from a ledge. In the Umbral, you’ll be able to access a platform you can Soulflay to pull down. Drop down and enter the small cave full of hanging severed hands. There’s a memory you can recall here.
- Stigma #3: Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal Arena – After defeating Pieta, you can Soulflay the remaining stigma near the massive gate in the Umbral.
- Stigma #4: Sanctuary of Baptism – Right at the entrance to the sanctuary. Found at the base of the stairs.
- Stigma #5: Skyrest Bridge – Located on the underside of Skyrest Bridge. To reach this area, take the ladders to the left of the Sanctuary of Baptism and follow the rickety scaffolding path. Take the lift up to reach a door to Skyrest and a bridge. The stigma is in the center of the bridge.
- Umbral Scouring: Pilgrim’s Perch – Past the Bellroom Vestige, you’ll need to follow a path through the rickety wooden walkways to an Umbral platform covering in husks of moth undead. In the center of this Umbral area, you’ll find a glowing body. Use Soulflay to pull out x2 Umbral Scouring and the Bowl of Revelations.
- Stigma #6: Pilgrim’s Perch – From the Bellroom Vestige, reach the high platform you’ll access by following the pond path in the Umbral. This leads to a high wooden platform with two penitents covered in spiky masks and a divine knight. There are cages hanging from the sides of the platform. In the Umbral, look for a spectral hanging cage on the right side.
[Work-in-Progress: Check back soon for more Stigma locations.]