Lost Ark weaves a confusing web of different currencies. There are over 10 different currencies you’ll need to keep track of — and each one has a different use and source. Just trying to wrap your head around all these currencies is a challenge, so we’re putting together a list of all the currencies we’ve found. There are currencies for specific traders, for specific features, and currencies that can only be purchased with real money.
Despite all these currencies, they can all be unlocked in-game. You don’t have to fork over cash to make progress in Lost Ark. Just the opposite, you can play the entire game for free, even if you will have to deal with annoying setbacks and timers. There are even more currencies that don’t really fit into the currencies mold — Action Energy is one of them, and you’ll start encountering that when you reach the high seas voyage section of the story. For now, let’s focus on the cash.
More Lost Ark guides:
Rundown Of All In-Game Currencies
- Gold: Primary currency of the game. Used to purchase consumables, gear, or for reforging. Also required for selling / buying on the Auction House. Earned through quests, raids and can be exchanged for Royal Crystals in the online shop.
- Silver: Second currency. Used to purchase materials, repair, and fast-travel between continents. Earned by opening chests, completing quests, defeating enemies, and basically anything in PVE.
- Silver can be farmed easily using Bifrost Locations. Press [Alt+W] to access the Bifrost Menu — which allows you to save up to 5 locations for fast-travel. Certain quests only require you to visit a character or interact with an item. Place Bifrost and teleport directly there.
- Crystal: A go-between currency for the online shop. Crystals can be used to purchase items from Mari’s Secret Shop. Can be earned in quests, for completing achievements, or earned by exchanging Royal Crystals / Gold.
- Royal Crystal: Online shop money. Has to be purchased via real money. Used to acquire cosmetics, Crystal Packages, and other online shop items.
- Royal Crystals are account wide. Most currencies are character specific.
- Feather: Revival items. If you die and want to revive instantly, you’ll need feathers. These can only be purchased with Royal Crystals in the online shop. You’ll earn a few at the start of the game automatically.
- Feathers, like Royal Crystals, are stored account wide.
- Pheon: Special side-currency used for purchasing only specific items in the Auction House.
- Shard: Elemental Shards used for upgrading weapons.
- Carnelians / Providence Stone: Special Rapport Chest currency.
- Sylmael Bloodstone: Guild currency. Can be traded for materials.
- Island Currency: After progressing, you’ll unlock the ability to explore with a ship. On various islands, you can earn unique currency for that island only. It can be used at the island vendors.
- Pirate Coin / Voyager Coin: Used for your ship. Earned through voyages and used to unlock specific types of voyage challenges.