The bear-riding mini-game is back, and you’ll have to deal with multiple instances all in the same level. That makes this another tricky stage for earning 100% completion in Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time — but thankfully it isn’t too difficult this time around. I’ll explain exactly what you need to do to get all the crates for each alien-riding sequence.
And yes, you have to ride a little alien bear this time. All while jumping on a herd of living platforms. This might be the weirdest level in the series.
More Crash Bandicoot 4 guides:
How To 100% Every Level | All Hidden Gems & Crates Locations Guide | How To Find The Ridiculous WOAH! Meme | WOAH YEAH! Easter Egg Guide | How To Beat All Bosses | Neo Cortex, N. Tropy & More | How To Get All 4 Colored Gems | Blue, Yellow, Green & Red Locations
8-3: Crash Landed | All Crates & Hidden Gems
To earn 100% on a level, you need to find 80% of all Wumpa Fruit, die no more than 3 times, find the Hidden Gem, and find all crates. These challenges can be completed in any order. If you die more than 3 times while finding all the crates, you can return and earn the last gem later. All gems you’ve unlocked in a level stay unlocked in future replays.
15/234: Break all the crates in the first room and cave path. Stop at the flock of flying platforms.
[Easy-To-Miss] 16/234: On the flying flock of platforms section, go to the far back-left corner to find a single golden fruit crate.
31/234: Clear all the crates up to the checkpoint before the alien-riding section.
55/234: To get all the crates during the alien-riding section, follow this exact path.
- Stop low at the air-flor jump.
- Ride the air-flow to the upper level.
- Dash and jump to reach the second upper platform.
- When falling, move right and aim to land on the platforms with crates.
66/234: Destroy all the crates after landing after the alien-riding section. There’s a Blue Gem platform here.
[Blue Gem] 93/234: Complete the Blue Gem area to collect many crates.
- [Easy-To-Miss] After jumping over the flame-jet traps and the “!” crate, you’ll reach an area before many slippery platforms. Go into the foreground to find some easy-to-miss crates.
- Use the slide-jump to get through the slippery platforms and the giant monster herd.
101/234: From the Blue Gem, fight to the Bonus Room entrance. Destroy the 4 crates to the left of the Bonus Room.
[Bonus Room] 141/234: There are 40 crates in the Bonus Room.
[Easy-To-Miss] 142/234: At the Bonus Room platform, collect the gravity power-up and drop onto the top of the platform directly above.
154/234: Destroy all the crates on the path up to the cavern checkpoint.
Hidden Gem: Gain the Gravity power-up then backtrack between the two biting aliens. Swap gravity to reach a hidden upper area with the secret gem.
170/234: Continue into the 2D jungle sequence. Stop at the 2 fruit crates you’ll find while walking on the ceiling.
[Easy-To-Miss] 171/234: Past the 2 fruit crates, there are 2 lava traps. Drop down and hit the “!” crate, then reverse gravity and fall up to hit a crate.
180/234: Smash the rest of the crates along the 2D path. Make sure to hit the crates under the platforms and floating. This stops at the checkpoint before the second alien-riding sequence.
203/234: Up to the first checkpoint of the alien-riding sequence.
- At the first drop, dash and jump onto the raised platform.
- Drop down to the lower platform.
- At the floating platforms, drop (don’t jump) to get the first crate.
- Jump left, then dash and jump to reach the third crate on the floating platforms.
218/234: Up to the second checkpoint while riding the alien.
- At the start, stay on the left.
- Dash and jump early to get the 4 crates in a row.
- At the floating platforms, jump early to land on the tiny platform on the right.
234/234: The final section of the alien-riding sequence.
- Don’t jump when you reach the next platform herd. Drop down to the left to get the first crate.
- On the floating platforms, go right to collect a crate and reach an air-flow launcher.
- At the top, drop instead of jumping onto the platform.