The humble Eevee looks pretty normal in Pokémon Sword & Shield, but what makes this popular critter so special is how she can transform into eight different forms. Originally starting with just a few elemental evolutions, the series has expanded Eevee’s repertoire to include Dark Type, Fairy Type, and more. They’re all adorable, and they’re all worth grabbing.
The evolution methods aren’t always what you might expect. If you want to get all eight forms, you’ll need to follow some pretty specific instructions. To help you out, here’s a quick guide explaining how to get all eight forms of Eevee. I’ll also explain where to find all the items you’ll need for these evolutions in Sword & Shield.
More Pokémon Sword & Shield guides:
How To Evolve All The New Galar Region Pokémon | Evolution Guide | What’s Exclusive To Each Version? | How To Catch Shiny Pokémon | Pick This Starter Pokémon For An Early Advantage | How To Easily Evolve Farfetch’d Into Sirfetch’d | Brilliant Aura System | How To Catch Improved Pokemon | Combo & Ultimate Moves | Move Tutor Locations | How To Catch Pokemon Easier | False Swipe & Hypnosis Guide
How To Evolve All Evies | Evoluton Stone Locations & Eeveelutions Guide
There are 8 Eevee evolutions — one for eight different types of Pokémon. Depending on what method you use for Eevee, she will evolve into one of the eight forms.
- How To Capture Eevee: Eevee is found on Route 4. Eevee is somewhat rare, so look for them in the field near the Eevee Pokekid.
You can evolve Eevee at any time by following the evolution methods listed below. You don’t need to reach any specific level.
- Jolteon: Electric Type – Use a Thunder Stone evolution item.
- Vaporeon: Water Type – Use a Water Stone evolution item.
- Flareon: Fire Type – Use a Fire Stone evolution item.
- Glaceon: Ice Type – Use an Ice Stone evolution item.
- Leafeon: Grass Type – Use a Leaf Stone evolution item.
- Espeon: Psychic Type – Reach Happiness 160 and Level Up during the Day.
- Umbreon: Dark Type – Reach Happiness 160 and Level Up during the Night.
- Sylveon: Fairy Type – Reach Happiness 160 and Level Up with a Fairy Type move learned.
Where To Find Evolution Items
All five Evolution Stones can be randomly earned through the Digging Duo in the Wilds. Find them to the right of the Pokémon Nursery — talk to the Stamina Brother to get more rewards. Each time they’ll randomly dig up items for 500 watts.
Pokemon can also randomly return with any of these Evolution Stones from a Pokejob. Access Pokejobs from the terminal in any Pokémon Center.
You can also find stones at these locations.
- Fire Stone Location: Motostoke Riverbank, Lake of Outrage
- Ice Stone Location: Lake of Outarge
- Leaf Stone Location: Turffield, Lake of Outrage
- Thunder Stone Location: North Lake Miloch, Lake of Outrage
- Water Stone Location: Route 2, Bridge Field, Lake of Outrage
How To Increase Pokémon Happiness
Pokémon Happiness is increased by bonding with your Pokémon at any PokeCamp. Play with them, give them attention, and join other camps so they can play with other Pokémon. Cooking and eating curry is another good way to increase happiness in your Pokémon.
How To Learn a Fairy Type Move With Eevee
The earliest Fairy Type Move Eevee can learn is ‘Baby-Doll Eyes‘ at Level 15. Use the Move Reminder NPC at any Pokémon Center to remember this move after you reach Happiness 160 to evolve into Sylveon. You can also learn ‘Charm‘ at Level 45.