There’s a tough challenge waiting in the center of Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. This kid-friendly platformer ends with an incredibly challenging final level where you won’t find continues, checkpoints, or power-ups. It’s just you and your platforming skills versus a seemingly endless series of challenges. You’ll have to fight the final boss three times, navigate his nefarious maze, and escape the lair itself before it explodes at the end.
And it’s really hard. Even if you’ve completed every level and earned 40+ Beetalions, each one soaking up a single hit of damage, you still might struggle to complete this extreme level. That’s why our extreme video team has put together a full playthrough with ‘baby tips’ to help anyone complete this level.
In the video above, our intrepid Yooka-Laylee player manages an all-time best completion with about 20 Beetalions left. That’s pretty good — basically, you’d only have to beat half the game — you can take on the Impossible Lair at any point, after all. The challenge of the game is unlocking enough extra hits to actually survive the Impossible Lair.
The big question is, can anyone really finish the Impossible Lair without any Beetalion support at all? There’s an achievement / trophy for it, but only the most elite players will get it. I’m going to guess that’s going to be a very rare achievement, because it’s totally insane. You can finish the game before it even begins if you’re that good.
More Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair guides:
- Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair: How To Unlock The Super Secret Chapter 1 Alternate Level
- Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair: All TWIT Coin Locations | Chapters 1-10
- Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair: All TWIT Coin Locations | Chapters 11-20
- Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair: All TWIT Coin Locations | Alternate Chapters 1-10
- Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair: All TWIT Coin Locations | Alternate Chapters 11-20