The Devil May Cry series has a reputation for difficulty — and that reputation is well-earned in Devil May Cry 5. There are six difficulty modes total, and four of them have to be unlocked. You start with Easy / Normal, before moving on to the harder difficulties, and then you’ll finally earn the weirdest challenges — Heaven or Hell, and Hell or Hell modes. In these modes, you’ll either have to complete the game where everything dies in a single hit, or just your heroes die in a single hit.
Difficulty isn’t the only unlockable either. After finishing the story once, you’ll be able to earn special gallery entries for each enemy you defeat. As you defeat each enemy / boss when replaying, Nico will snap a photo and add a little entry to your lore. It’s a very small inclusion, but you’ll need to hunt down all the enemies / bosses to complete the little gallery. There’s something satisfying about the whole endeavor.
More Devil May Cry 5 guides:
- Devil May Cry 5: There’s A Secret Ending Right At The Start, Here’s How To Unlock It
- Devil May Cry 5: How To Beat Every Secret Mission | Locations Guide
- Devil May Cry 5: All Blue & Purple Orb Fragment Locations | Collectibles Guide
- Devil May Cry 5: Dante’s Complete Arsenal | All Weapon Locations Guide
- Devil May Cry 5: How To Farm Infinite Red Orbs Fast | Dr. Faust Trick Guide
- Devil May Cry 5: All The Easter Eggs & References We’ve Found (So Far)
Everything That Unlocks After You Beat The Game | Bonuses & Extra Modes Guide
Complete the story in DMC5 to unlock the following extra modes and bonuses.
- Death Gallery: Nico will take photos of every enemy and boss as they’re defeated and add it to the gallery.
- Son of Sparda Mode: Unlocks after completing the story on Human or Devil Hunter difficulty. Considered ‘Hard’ mode.
- Dante Must Die Mode: Unlocks after completing the story on Son of Sparda difficulty. Considered ‘Very Hard’ mode.
- Heaven Or Hell Mode: Unlocks after completing the story on Dante Must Die difficulty. Unique difficulty mode.
- All enemies die in one hit. And so do you.
- You’re given 3 lives.
- Hell Or Hell Mode: Unlocks after completing the story on Dante Must Die difficulty. Unique difficulty mode.
- You die in one hit, but all enemies have full health bars. Autosaves are completely disabled.
- You’re given 3 lives.
- Bloody Palace Mode: Not yet available!
- Bloody Palace will be added soon as a free update.