When it comes to Dante in Devil May Cry 5, it’s all about the increasingly ludicrous weapons. Whether you’re slinging a demonic motorcycle or an oversized sword, Dante can equip some truly insane weapons to dismantle his opponents. Most of the weapons are basically unmissable — Dante earns them for every big boss he defeats. But, there is one particular weapon you can miss.
The weapon in question is the Kalina Ann — a heavy rocket launcher used by Lady from Devil May Cry 3. While that’s a pretty fun weapon, and one nobody will want to miss, the truly special (and truly missable) weapon doesn’t appear until later in the game. If you miss the Kalina Ann early, you won’t get the bonus upgrade at the end. Learn how to get it in the complete guide below.
More Devil May Cry 5 guides:
- Devil May Cry 5: There’s A Secret Ending Right At The Start, Here’s How To Unlock It
- Devil May Cry 5: How To Beat Every Secret Mission | Locations Guide
- Devil May Cry 5: All Blue & Purple Orb Fragment Locations | Collectibles Guide
- Devil May Cry 5: How To Farm Infinite Red Orbs Fast | Dr. Faust Trick Guide
Dante’s Complete Arsenal | All Weapon Locations Guide
Only one of the three characters in DMC5 can unlock additional weapons and styles. Dante’s special weapons are -mostly- impossible to miss, but there is one tool you can accidentally avoid. Just to be safe, we’re going to list where to find them all — when you’ll get them, and where to find the one missable weapon for Dante.
- Kalina Ann: Missable.
- After destroying the blood clot and causing the section of the structure to fall one level, you’ll get a cutscene and the camera will show you another blood clot.
- Destroy this blood clot too, then backtrack up and through the lowered “middle” section. Go through, drop down, then enter the fallen section to find an entrance into an optional room that contains the launcher.
- Cavaliere: Unlocked after defeating the Mission 11 boss. Can’t be missed.
- Devil Sword Dante: Unlocked after defeating the Mission 12 boss. Can’t be missed.
- Dr. Faust: Unlocked at the start of Mission 13. Can’t be missed.
- King Cerberus: Unlocked after defeating the Mission 16 boss. Can’t be missed.
- Kalina Ann II: Unlocked at the start of Mission 18. Can’t be missed.
- Double Kalina Ann: Missable.
- Only unlocked if you collected the optional Kalina Ann in Mission 11.