The brainchild of independent studio Dreamlords Digital, Graywalkers: Purgatory is a mishmash of games like XCom, Fallout and Jagged Alliance. After being greenlit on Steam, further development on the game was made possible through a successful kickstarter, which raised $47,305 USD.
Currently in alpha, Graywalkers: Purgatory takes place on an island named Purgatory, where Heaven and Hell have forged together into one, gigantic supernatural cluster. Players are tasked with uniting all the factions together, and reclaiming the world for humanity once more. The early access version of Graywalkers comes with multiple proposed features:
- Game Modes – will have 3 game modes: Campaign, Skirmish (Mission Based), and Multiplayer will be added through a free update. Early Access will be released with the Skirmish mode first.
- Strategic Management – Manage your resources, personnel, influence, technology, magic, and equipment
- Race – choose from 6 races (human, dhampir, Nephilim, cambion, wolfkin & hunterborne). More races will also be added through DLCs
- Character Paths – choose from 10 initial paths(classes) for your character to follow
- Characters – in addition to your custom character, you will be able to recruit from over 40+ playable NPCs, each with his own abilities, background and personality. Level them up and customize them as they improve
- Table-Top Experience – game utilizes a new table-top RPG system
- Enemies – encounter creatures like vampires, demons, angels, werewolves, ghosts, witches, zombies, and many other supernatural enemies
- Resources – Scavenge for resources, rebuild lost technology, recover ancient relics, research new technologies, and craft objects from ordinary items that you find.
- Factions – choose your alliances from among various factions, with each having their own agendas.
Graywalkers: Purgatory is scheduled for an early access release in Q1 2017, where it is planned for PC, Mac and eventually PS4 and Xbox One. Stay up to date with the latest developments through Twitter and Facebook. Interested players can also try a demo of the game, available for PC, Mac and Linux.