Ubisoft has made it clear that when development began on Watch Dogs 2, it was important that they focus on addressing the community’s concerns and implementing as much fan feedback as possible across all platforms.
In a recent update for the Watch Dogs 2 PC version, Ubisoft assured everyone that their team is committed to quality and delivering the “tough but necessary decision” to move the launch date for the PC version of Watch Dogs 2.
With this extra time, they hope to be able to ensure that Watch Dogs 2 runs smoothly across a broad range of hardware, as well as add the extra polish to some other features.
The improvements that they are working on include:
- 4k support
- Stuttering/lag framerate optimization (controls are much more responsive)
- No FPS cap
- Full SLI/Crossfire support at launch
- Multiple save files support, up to 3 auto save slots
- Multi-monitor support with borderless mode and advanced settings that allow for customized placement of menu and HUD
- Multiple windowed mode options: windowed mode with flexible/resizeable windows, multi-monitor borderless
Improved Graphic Features:
- Screen Space Reflections
- Headlight Shadows – support for additional shadows from car headlights
- Extra Details Options – increases the level of detail for all objects in the game, and adds more details to objects in the distance
Improved Graphics Options:
- FOV sliders
- Pixel Densite sliders
- Sharpness Sliders
- Ultra Textures pack available at launch
- Post Processing Anti-Aliasing options SMAA and FXAA
Improved Keyboard/Mouse Controls:
- Full controls and UI adaptation for mouse and keyboard
- Raw mouse input to reduce latency and use the Windows hardware cursor throughout the game without any additional signal filtering to smooth or accelerate mouse movement by default
- Advanced keyboard support – Keyboard hotkeys for every menu and app for faster access. Additionally, all hotkeys can be remapped.
- Mouse-centric UI – any UI screen, menus or smartphone app supports full mouse interaction, so the player can finish any UI task with the mouse only. Everything is clickable and has appropriate button states.
- Toggle/Hold modes for different controls (Aim, Sprint, Walk, Inventory, etc.)
- Driving has been adapted to suit the keyboard controls, with adjustable steering sensitivity. Same goes for driving camera sensitivity and auto-centering camera behavior.
- On-the-fly switching between mouse and keyboard to gamepad, without any additional options, UI will just switch to gamepad mode
- Supported gamepads: Microsoft Xbox One Controller and DualShock 4 Controller Xbox. We do not officially support Direct Input gamepads, Steam controllers or game wheels.