CD Projekt RED has released patch notes for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt update 1.20, which will go live next week alongside the game’s final expansion, Blood and Wine.
The update fixes multiple technical issues and introduces general improvements to make life easier for Geralt. In addition to simple bug fixes, the patch is set to overhaul multiple areas of the UI, inventory, and adds a special book that allows players to track which Gwent cards they’ve collected and which ones they’re missing in order to complete their collection for the related achievement/trophy.
Detailed patch notes can be found here while some of the highlights are listed below:
- Adds book titled ‘A Miraculous Guide to Gwent’ which displays number of gwent cards missing from player’s base-game collection and information on where to find them, thus facilitating completion of achievement titled Collect ‘Em All. Tome in question can be obtained either from gwent playing scholar in Prologue or from merchant near St. Gregory’s Bridge in Gildorf district of Novigrad.
- Fixes issue whereby Geralt’s clothing was not properly restored after sex scenes.
- Adds option in Options/Gameplay to disable automatic drawing and sheathing of sword.
- Improves display and behavior of Buffs, displayed in more intuitive manner showing time left, strength percentage, stacks, charges, or permanence where applicable. Buff icons now blink for approx. 10 seconds before expiration. For improved visibility, names and exact expiration times for all effects are only visible when Quick Access menu is active.
- Adds new functionality to books and scrolls. When first collected, they can be read immediately using single button without need of navigating to Inventory panel. All found but not yet read books and scrolls are stored in Quest Items and Other categories. Once read, books and scrolls can be sold as their content is saved in Books section of Glossary.
Blood and Wine will see Geralt invited to the new region of Toussaint, “a remote land untouched by war, where you will unravel the horrifying secret behind a beast terrorizing the kingdom.” CD Projekt RED says the expansion offers more than 30 hours of content.