Gran Turismo Sport Update 1.50 Brings a Bunch of New Free Content Including 5 New Cars, Lewis Hamilton Challenge and More
Kazunori Yamauchi President of Polyphony Digital and Creator of Gran Turismo took to PlayStation Blog to announce the latest update for the titular game which is packed the the brim with new content.
Titled patch 1.50, the new update will come with a slew of welcomed features and new modes that will have both longtime fans and newcomers returning to the game. Let me highlight some of the new content coming to update 1.50 — 10 new challenges, 5 new cars, new GT League, and the Lewis Hamilton challenge!
Thankfully the PlayStation Blog detailed the full update so you can check out the full details on whats to come in update 1.50 for yourself. Like I mentioned before, there is a lot of new content ranging from new tracks, cars, and challenges.
Check out the new Gran Turismo Sport patch 1.50 trailer down below:
Check out the Lewis Hamilton challenge trailer down below:
- A total of 10 challenges using the ‘Mercedes-AMG GT3’ and the ‘Sauber Mercedes C9’ await you.
Practice Makes Perfect: Replays and Ghosts of Lewis
- In all of these challenges, it’s possible to play back replays of Lewis Hamilton and display his ghost car. You can check driving data such as braking points and throttle operations whenever and as many times as you like.
- Some tracks are provided with a video tutorial with Lewis Hamilton giving advise on how to tackle these tracks. Learn the techniques of a World Champion.
Global Online Rankings
- Each Challenge will be compatible with Friend Rankings and the Top 10 Stars. You can compete not only against Lewis Hamilton’s records, but against players from all over the world.
Rewards & Award Credits
- Setting lap times with Bronze or better results will award you in-game Credits. Clearing all challenges will also award you further bonus credits.
Unlocking the Credit Limit Cap
- Good news for players at the Credit Limit who were starting to lose credits after races: Achieving Gold or better results in all challenges will unlock the Game Credit Limit from the original 20 million credits to 100 million credits.
- Cars will be awarded as special rewards for each challenge achievement level. Users who succeed in clearing even harder conditions will receive a special prize with a design supervised by Lewis Hamilton’s very own “Project 44” team!
- RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 (N400)
- Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Coupe 20 (Gr.X)
- RUF CTR3 ’07 (N700)
- Toyota 86 GT “Limited” ’16 (N200)
- BMW M3 Coupe ’03 (N300)
Featured Car: RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7(N400)
- The Amemiya μ Boost up 7 is a road car created by the RE Amemiya Corporation, the legendary tuner of rotary powered cars renowned for its activity in the Super GT and D1GP.
- Beginner League: two new rounds added to the The Passion of Dr. Wankel
- Amateur League: two new rounds added to the Boxer Spirit
- Professional League: two new rounds added to the Vision Gran Turismo Trophy +
- Endurance League: one new round added to the X2019 Competition Endurance Series
Gran Turismo Sport Patch 1.50 will be available Tuesday, November 27, at 8:00PM PST for the PS4. Are you excited for the upcoming update? Let us know in the comments below!