Fortnite Latest Update Brings Boom Bow, LTM Sniper Shootout, and Much More; Full Patch Notes Detailed
Epic Games have detailed the latest update for their Battle Royale title, Fortnite. The latest set of patch notes bring new fixes, some weapons, and plenty of more welcomed features.
As I mentioned above, the big new weapon that will be added to the game this week is called the Boom Bow. It is a bow that will allow players to knock enemies back by using a blast, it will also damage them. Also, players will be getting a new Limited Time Mode this week, and this time around its Sniper Shootout.
There’s a ton of new changes made to the game as well, if you want to check out all the new additions to Fortnite Battle Royale thanks to the latest update, make sure to check out the full set of patch notes down below:
Archery can be a blast! Nock enemies in a whole new way with this explosive new weapon.
LIMITED TIME MODE: SNIPER SHOOTOUT
- In this limited time mode, players will do battle using sniper rifles.
- May the best aim win!
- Only weapon drops are Sniper Rifles.
- Floor Loot spawners reduced by 50%
- Reviving “Down But Not Out” teammates in Duos & Squads is deactivated – be careful peeking!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Boom Bow
- Fires Arrows with a Shotgun Shell tip, which explode on impact.
- Uses Shotgun Ammo
- The longer you hold the fire keybind down, the faster the shot will go!
- Explosive damage is consistent regardless of the power of the shot.
- The Boom Bow will achieve maximum power after 1.6 seconds of charging.
- A direct hit will deal both the direct hit damage and the explosion damage to the enemy player it impacts.
- Direct hit
- Base damage 15
- Headshot Multiplier: 2x
- 100 damage
- Direct hit
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to queue for Duos when the party leader was in a lower division.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to not be promoted to the next division while playing in Duos with a player in a higher division.
- Note: Hype was still being earned correctly, this was a visual issue only.
- Fixed an issue where players in Duos were charged Bus Fare based on the party leaders division, rather than their own.
Fortnite Battle Royale is now available to play for free on all platforms.