Rare has just introduced a new limited-time event for their open-world co-op pirate adventure, Sea of Thieves. Starting from today and running up all the way until 25 July Seafarers can head into the depths in search of treasured mermaid statues.
The Sunken Curse event is also set to bring about a bunch of exciting new cosmetic additions which you will be able to access through missions proposed by the Bilge Rat faction.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Sunken Items – It’s not all malevolent curses in the shallows. Eagle-eyed pirates can also find artifacts, skulls and treasure chests hidden on the seabed.
- The Wailing Barnacle Cosmetics – The Hat, Dress and Jacket of The Wailing Barnacle have been added to the Bilge Rat shop. These items are time-limited and only purchasable with Bilge Rat Doubloons, so get them before July 25.
- Bilge Rat Titles – Earn three unique titles introduced with The Sunken Curse event and equip them straight from the Vanity Chest.
- Bilge Rat Doubloons – There are 100 Bilge Rat Doubloons available for the standard Commendations, and an additional 50 Bilge Rat Doubloons available for completing the Legendary Commendation and becoming a Legendary Curse Breaker. Each of The Sunken Curse Commendations on the Bilge Rat progress screen details the number of Bilge Rat Doubloons it rewards. You have until July 25 to earn Bilge Rat Doubloons by completing these Commendations.
- Bilge Rat Flag – A new flag has been added to all pirates’ flag inventories. This new flag can be used to show other pirates that they’re on the hunt for Bilge Rat Doubloons.