There's rumors swirling around Polish developer CD Projekt RED that we won't be seeing any more of their this generation. In a recent interview, the Witcher developer's Adam KiciÅ„ski mentioned some important details about their upcoming games, sci-fi RPG Cyberpunk 2077 and the inevitable The Witcher 3.
– Unnanounced dark fantasy title (Witcher 3?) is in more advanced stages than Cyberpunk 2077.
– Cyberpunk 2077 is the first in a series, both games are larger than The Witcher, both are multiplaform
– 2013 will be smaller stuff for CDP RED, no Witcher-caliber release
– Witcher for iPhone – too early to say anything, but not impossible
– no Witcher for PS3 next year, they want TW on Playstation, but not current gen
– both TW3 and CP2077 will appear on next gen consoles
KiciÅ„ski mentioned that 2013 won't be as big a year for CD Projekt RED, at least not officially, which might suggest that we won't see next-gen consoles until at least late 2013 or 2014. Whatever those console release dates may actually be, we can bet we definitely won't be seeing either Cyberpunk 2077 or The Witcher 3 until 2014.
It'll be amazing if they can pull off such huge titles in the next few years, especially working with next generation consoles, but many have faith in the developer. I personally can't wait to see what they can do with next-gen hardware.