The toughest doubloons are all in Bikini Bottom. In Spongebob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake, a bottle of cosmic bubble fluid has busted a hole in the space-time continuum, creating weird worlds all over Bikini Bottom. There are seven worlds total, and each one is home to doubloons. As you progress, you’ll also find side-quests in Bikini Bottom. Spongebob’s pals will request different collectibles. You’ll get asked for refreshments, fortune cookies, and much more. These appear in specific levels, forcing you to replay levels you’ve already completed to find everything. If you’re sick of searching, we’ve got all the side-quest collectible locations listed below. Yes, even Spotty.
More Spongebob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake guides:
All Bosses | Rainbowbob & Dutchmanbob Costumes | Gold Underwear & Spatula Locations | Wild West Jellyfish Fields Doubloons Locations | Karate Downtown Bikini Bottom Doubloons Locations | Pirate Goo Lagoon Doubloons Locations | Halloween Rock Bottom Doubloons Locations | Prehistoric Kelp Forest Doubloons Locations | Medieval Sulfur Fields Doubloons Locations | Jelly Glove World Doubloon Locations
Gold Doubloons Locations | Bikini Bottom
Gold Doubloons are optional collectibles that unlock costume tiers from the shop. By collecting hidden Gold Doubloons, you’ll make more costumes available for purchase in the shop menu. Gold Doubloons are hidden through side-quests, in the environment, or by completing challenges. Some challenges can’t be completed until after returning to a level. If a lock icon appears over an element on the stage, you’ll need to return later after unlocking more abilities for Spongebob.
Gold Doubloon #1: Find all 9 Sticky Notes hidden throughout Bikini Bottom. You won’t be able to find them all until you unlock every ability for Spongebob.
- Sticky Note #1: Next to Sandy’s Tree Dome, use the bottom (only works after unlocking Karate Kick) to summon karate balloons. Kick up to the high ledge and defeat the jelly enemies to earn this note.
- Sticky Note #2: Use a bubble on the switch behind Squidward’s House. Bounce up to the roof, then blow bubbles at the floating switches to make more wooden platforms appear in the air. Follow the platforms and glide to this sticky note.
- Sticky Note #3: From Spongebob’s House, use the slingshot to land on the roof of the Chum Bucket. Ground pound the hook button — a series of hooks, karate balloons and boost rings will appear in the sky. Navigate the tricky platforming path to land on the mountain between Spongebob’s House and the Chum Bucket where a sticky note is located.
- Sticky Note #4: To the left of the Krusty Krab’s (Former) location, there’s a red button you can ground pound on the hill. Hit it and jump up the wooden platforms that appear. This leads to a mountain cliff ledge with this note.
- Sticky Note #5: Behind Spongebob’s House, after completing Level 4, you’ll find three bulbs connected to buttons. Press all three buttons by following the power lines from the bulbs and a slingshot will appear. Ride up and defeat the jelly ambush. A path from the shipwreck leads to this note.
- Sticky Note #6: Far left of the Krusty Krab, look for the edge of the lagoon. There’s a button you can stomp here that spawns a bubble surfboard. Ride it through the obstacle course over the water. If you can reach the end before 19 seconds are up, a sticky note will spawn.
- Sticky Note #7: After completing Level 7, a Reefblower will spawn to the right and behind Spongebob’s house, near the bounce pad leading to a giant stack of stone tiki crates. Use the Reefblower and blast the stone crates to break them. Hop on another bounce pad that is revealed, then use the Reefblower to defeat all the enemies on the upper level. A sticky note will spawn after defeating the giant tentacle jelly creature.
- Sticky Note #8: At Ms. Puff’s Boating School, complete Level 6 to access the top level of the school. After helping Ms. Puff and traveling to Level 7, you can return to Bikini Bottom and use the bounce pad near the entrance to reach the top of the Boating School. From the roof, you can jump to this sticky note.
- Sticky Note #9: To the left of Mr. Krabs’s house, there’s an archway with seahorse signs. Ride through with a seahorse to make flaming rings appear. Complete the flaming ring course without taking too much damage to earn a sticky note.
Gold Doubloon #2: Complete Sandy’s side-quest to collect Hot Objects in the Prehistoric Kelp Forest.
- Hot Object #1: Stalactite Cave – Found in the very first starting cave. Look behind the spikey rocks as you progress through the cave. It’s to the left — not in an area that’s too hidden.
- Hot Object #2: Volcano Slide – Near the end of the Volcano Slide, you’ll slide through a curve and a log interior. Ahead, you’ll find a bounce pad that leads to a fishhook. Jump on it to reach this Hot Object in the sky.
- Hot Object #3: Lava Cave – Found in the center of the section where stone platforms float down the lava river. You’ll have to jump across the stones, fighting against the movement of the current to reach the opposite side. The Hot Object floats in the center. You’ll need to time your jumps to reach it.
- Hot Object #4: Lava Cave – Progress to the section where Spongebob rides a boulder down a linear lava river. Straight ahead, there’s a floating Hot Object you can reach by rolling onto the geyser of lava.
- Hot Object #5: Lava Cave – Further down the Lava Cave, you’ll reach a lava area with a hole in the center and a magma geiser. Ride the geiser up with your rolling boulder to reach the last object.
Gold Doubloon #3: Complete Squidward’s side-quest to collect Refreshments in Wild West Jellyfish Fields.
- Refreshment #1: Jellyfish Trail – Found over the waterfall you’ll pass through early in the level. There are several floating tiki crates. Jump across them to reach this refreshment.
- Refreshment #2: Riding School – Jump onto the roof of Riding School and reach the bounce-pad on the water tower. Bounce up onto the wooden platforms sticking out from the rocky pillar. Up the wooden platforms, you’ll find this refreshment.
- Refreshment #3: Manta Fe – Go to the back-left of the town. On a raised platform, accessible from the jail, there’s a slingshot. Use the slingshot after unlocking the ability. It takes you to a cemetery. The refreshment is behind the grave for Billy the Bass at the top of the hill.
- Refreshment #4: Cacteen Hills – Return to the bridge that’s painted (partially) white near the entrance to this location. To the right, there’s a jutting wooden platform. Stand on it and look down to find a series of floating tiki crates. Glide down to the floating platform to grab this refreshment, then carefully hop up the tiki crates to escape.
- Refreshment #5: Sap The Gatherer – At the end of the first gathering section, on the tall landing before the spinning star platforms that lead to the falling pufferfish obstacle course, there’s a pillar to the left you can jump to with this refreshment.
Gold Doubloon #4: Complete the nurse’s side-quest to collect Fortune Cookies in Karate Downtown Bikini Bottom. The nurse is in front of the Old Folk’s Home across from Sandy’s Treedome.
- Fortune Cookie #1: Movie Hallway – Leaving the hallway, you’ll exit into the movie studio backlot. Jump onto the trailer to the left just as you exit — right above the hallway exit, there is a platform with this fortune cookie.
- Fortune Cookie #2: Backlot – In the back-left of the Backlot Checkpoint room, the fortune cookie is on a round table. It isn’t hidden this time.
- Fortune Cookie #3: Backlot – During the side-scrolling section, continue until you reach a fight with enemies exiting two doors while a ranged shooter sits in a dumpster. After this fight, there is a fenced area with a dumpster. The cookie is inside the fenced area. Don’t miss it!
- Fortune Cookie #4: Back Alley – Just as you reach the city section of the Back Alley, past the alleyway, you’ll see a glowing dumpster near a streetlamp. Smack it open to reveal a hidden cookie.
- Fortune Cookie #5: Paparazzi Street – Found at the back of Paparazzi Stret, on a table to the left of the bodyguard. Another cookie that isn’t hidden.
- Fortune Cookie #6: First Nautical Bank – Directly to the right of the entrance into the Walk of Fame segment.
- Fortune Cookie #7: Dojo Estate – Right at the state of the Dojo Estate, in the center of the zen garden.
Gold Doubloon #5: Complete Mr. Krabs’s side-quest to collect Lost Pennies in Pirate Goo Lagoon.
- Lost Penny #1: Bongo Beach – In the back-right area of Bongo Beach. In this large area, there’s a shipwreck hull in the back-left with the first lost penny of this level.
- Lost Penny #2: Scurvy Swamp – From the center of Scurvy Swamp with the big tree, there’s a teetering wooden platform that leads to an offshoot island with this coin.
- Lost Penny #3: Sand Castle – Right in the center of the Sand Castle keep.
- Lost Penny #4: Shipwreck Treasure – Reach the second checkpoint for the Shipwreck Treasure segment. Directly to the right, there’s a sunk ship with the lost penny.
- Lost Penny #5: Port Jelly Royal – Reach the second half of the port town. Once you reach the land, look to the right. There’s a lost penny on a beached little boat.
Gold Doubloon #6: Complete Mrs. Puff’s side-quest to collect Good Noodle Stars in Halloween Rock Bottom.
- Noodle Star #1: Bus Stop – Directly to the right of the Bus Stop checkpoint, there’s a tall rocky pillar. Climb to the top to find the first star.
- Noodle Star #2: Kandyville – Found on top of the large pipe racecourse entrance in the center of town.
- Noodle Star #3: Shadow Theater – On the roof of the Shadow Theater itself.
- Noodle Star #4: Museum Slide – At the second half of the slide, you’ll need to use a giant bounce pad to reach the pipe. Instead of going left, go right as you land on the slide. You’ll slide to Karate Balloons — kick them to reach an upper ramp with this star.
- Noodle Star #5: Kandyville – Behind a floating house on the right side of town. Reach the upper level and find a house connected to a walkway — a blonde fishlady is standing at the walkway junction. A Good Noodle Star is behind the house in a tricky location.
Gold Doubloon #7: Complete the side-quest to restore Gary to normal. You’ll need to talk to Twitchy the Witch in Medieval Sulfur Fields. Find all the potion ingredients then take the completed potion to Gary.
- Potion Ingredient #1: Twitchy’s Cotage – Take the path toward Meanderson River. In the giant log, you’ll find the first potion ingredient.
- Potion Ingredient #2: Meanderson River – On a cliff ledge to the right of the main river. Find it on the ledge before jumping across the wooden platforms.
- Potion Ingredient #3: Garden Maze – Thankfully, the potion ingredient is located directly to the right as you enter the maze from the fountain plaza. Very easy to get.
- Potion Ingredient #4: Castle Courtyard – Located in front of the village blacksmith.
- Potion Ingredient #5: Bard Audition – Found to the left of the entrance to the stage area.
- Potion Ingredient #6: Dormitory Hall – Reach the balcony that leads to the boss fight for this stage, then turn around and face the entrance. To the left, there are two floating tiki crates you can jump on leading to a tricky rafter with this potion ingredient.
- Potion Ingredient #7: Castle Courtyard – Located under the drawbridge to the Bard Audition area. Drop down the side and smash the tiki crates to grab it!
Gold Doubloon #8: Complete Plankton’s side-quest to find all of Spotty’s hiding spots. Spotty is hiding in one spot in all 7 levels.
- Wild West Jelly Fields Spotty: Cacteen Hills – Spotty’s first hiding spot is past the first cactus juice location. From the cactus, jump across the bounce pad to a cactus sign and a ground pound switch. To the left of the sign, there’s a ledge with a cow skull sign. Jump down to the ledge to find Spotty’s hidden location.
- Karate Downtown Bikini Spotty: Backlot – In the large street area where you first meet Director Squidward, jump onto the trailer on the left and use the floating platform that puffs up when hit with a bubble. Inflate the platform, then jump on the moving floating crate to reach a high ledge with Spotty.
- Pirate Goo Lagoon Spotty: Shipwreck Treasure – On the shipwreck that teeters past the mermaid side-quest, look for a hanging wooden cage to the right of the shipwreck. There’s a bubble surfboard here. Ride it to a far island with Spotty’s location.
- Halloween Rock Bottom Spotty: Bus Stop – Near the end, right before the Kandyville checkpoint (and easily accessible from Kandyville) you’ll reach an island with two patrolling creepy jelly anglerfish enemies. Past the enemies, you’ll reach a bounce pad. Use this bounce pad to reach the top of the island cave. That’s where Spotty is located.
- Prehistoric Kelp Forest Spotty: Cave Painting Cave – Spotty is scampering directly behind the checkpoint. At the cave painting puzzle, simply turn around.
- Medieval Sulfur Fields Spotty: Meanderson River – After the third Pro-Aging Cream vial, you’ll have to cross floating wooden platforms and logs. On the other side, climb the ledges up the slope to your left. At the top, you can get a view across the river — use the floating platform you can puff up with a bubble to reach a Bubble Surfboard and ride to the platform with spotty.
- Jelly Glove World Spotty: Central Plaza – Spotty is hiding behind the theater ticket booth to your left in this large area.