You’ll start with just a handful of characters, but it’s possible to unlock lots more fighters by completing objectives. Some of these objectives are revealed in the ‘Unlockables’ menu, but others are totally secret — and even more don’t even tell you what you’re about to unlock!
To make life easier, here’s a full list of all the extra characters you can unlock in the Showdown DLC. Not every character unlocks someone when you complete their story — Shovel Knight himself won’t earn you any special characters. I’ll also explain how to get special ‘skins’ that change the look of certain characters in the list below.
More guides featuring Shovel Knight on Gameranx:
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night – How To Play As Shovel Knight, Get Infinite Ammo & More | Secrets Guide
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: What You’ll Unlock With Every Amiibo | Unlockables Guide
- Soulcalibur 6: 30 Amazing Custom Characters You Need To See | Best Community Creations
How To Unlock Every Secret Character | Unlockables Guide
Some characters must be unlocked before they’re available on the select screen. To unlock every character in the game, follow the instructions below.
- Shield Knight Unlockable Characters
- The Enchantress: Clear Story Mode with Shield Knight.
- Propeller Knight Unlockable Characters
- Tinker Knight: Clear Story Mode with Propeller Knight.
- Mole Knight: Clear Story Mode with Tinker Knight.
- Treasure Knight: Clear Story Mode with Mole Knight.
- Plague Knight Unlockable Characters
- Mona: Clear Story Mode with Plague Knight.
- Liquid Samurai: Clear Story Mode with Mona.
- Specter Knight Unlockable Characters
- Phantom Striker: Clear Story Mode with Specter Knight.
- Dark Reize: Clear Story Mode with Phantom Striker.
- Reize: Clear Story Mode with Dark Reize.
- Secret Unlockable Characters
- Baz: Clear Story Mode without using Continues.
- Mr. Hat: Clear Story Mode with Baz.
- Goldarmor: Clear Story Mode with Mr. Hat.
- Secret Character Costumes
- Donovan: [Specter Knight Costume] Hold up on the d-pad in the stage Tower of Fate: Spires for 10 seconds.
- Dragonarmor: [Goldarmor Costume] Clear Story Mode with Goldarmor.