Titanite Slabs and Twinkling Titanite are rare and incredibly useful items in Dark Souls: Remastered. To fully upgrade certain weapons, you’ll need either one of these crafting materials. There used to be a very limited amount of specific types of titanite, but after a few patches and a DLC expansion, it’s much easier to get these upgrade materials.
Here, I’m going to list where to find these rare titanites — how you can grab them for free, how you can purchase them, and how you can farm them. Some enemies will drop titanite, and some NPCs will actually set it for a high soul price. Of course, there’s always a few free drops somewhere, too. I’m going to cover all that stuff.
More Dark Souls: Remastered guides on Gameranx:
- Dark Souls: Remastered – How To Beat Every Boss In Lordran | Strategy Guide
- Dark Souls: Remastered – All Illusory Walls Locations | Secrets Guide
- Dark Souls: Remastered – All Keys (And Doors They Unlock) Locations Guide
- Dark Souls: Remastered – How To Access All Secret Areas | Ash Lake, Painted World & More
- Dark Souls: Remastered – How To Upgrade Your Healing Items | Fire Keeper Souls Guide
How To Farm Rare Titanite | Slabs & Twinkling Locations Guide
To fully upgrade Unique Weapons (Boss Soul Weapons) you’ll need to acquire Twinkling Titanite. It requires 10 total Twinkling Titanite to fully upgrade a unique weapon.
To fully upgrade standard weapons, Crystal / Lightning weapons, or standard armor, you’ll need Titanite Slabs. Titanite Slabs are legendary, and they’re easily the hardest materials to find in the game. You can only acquire them from a few different methods — but they can be farmed.
Before farming, try to find and equip two useful items — the Symbol of Avarice, or the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring. Both increase item discovery by +200.
- The Symbol of Avarice is a helmet that resembles a mimic. There is a .1% chance that it will drop from a defeated Mimic.
- The Covetous Gold Serpent Ring is much easier to find. Go to Sen’s Fortress and turn the boulder-dropping device so boulders are dropped down the west path. Wait until the hole is filled with boulders, then turn the device and follow the west path. The corpse in the window is carrying this ring.
- Always drops from the Stray Demon in the Northern Undead Asylum. Reach the upper levels of the Firelink Shrine from the elevator and lay down at the bird’s nest to return. Go to the Asylum Demon arena to find the Stray Demon.
- Found in a chest in the Royal Woods (DLC area) — go to Kalameet’s arena and look behind the waterfall to find a hidden chest.
- Given by Siegmeyer as a quest reward. Very, very difficult. I don’t recommend going for this.
- Rare drop from Darkwraiths in New Londo Ruins.
Darkwraiths are your best bet for farming. Equip a weapon that can kill Darkwraiths in one hit with a backstab, or just any weapon that can quickly kill them — anything with lightning. Equip the Covetous Serpent Ring and increase your Humanity for higher rare item drop chance.
Travel to the Valley of Drakes bonfire — it’s the fastest path to the lower level of the New Londo Ruins. Defeat all the Darkwraiths in the area — there are at least 7 Darkwraiths you can hunt. You’ll need plenty of Homeward Bones and Transient Curses to damage the ghosts in this area. Use Homeward Bone when you’ve cleared the Darkwraiths, then sprint back from Firelink.
- Can be purchased from the Giant Blacksmith (Anor Londo) for 8,000 souls each.
- Guaranteed Crystal Lizard drop in the following areas: Undead Burg, Catacombs, The Great Hollow, Darkroot Garden, Royal Wood, Lost Izalith, Duke’s Archives, Crystal Cave, Oolacile Township, and Chasm of the Abyss.
- Drops from the Stone Guardian enemies in Oolacile.
- Trade reward with Snuggly, the bird nest in the Northern Undead Asylum. Leave Snuggly Purple Moss Clumps or Bloodred Moss Clumps for x1, or Blooming Purple Moss Clumps for x2.
- 30% drop rate from Man-Eater shells in Ash Lake. 20% drop rate in the Crystal Cave.
The best place to farm Twinkling Titanite is the Ash Lake, a hidden area found at the base of the massive tree in the swamps of Blighttown. To reach Ash Lake, travel to the bottom of Blighttown and break the illusory wall near the giant tree trunk. Inside, attack another wall to reach the Great Hollow. Ash Lake is found at the bottom of the Great Hollow.
Like the previous farming method, just travel to the Ash Lake bonfire, kill the giant shell enemies, then use Homeward Bone to make the shells respawn. You can also teleport to the Crystal Cave bonfire, unlocked fter defeating Seath the Scaleless. The shells in the Crystal Cave also drop Twinkling Titanite.
Demon Titanite (and other random Titanite types) is dropped by Titanite Demons. They’re those huge, bounding stone golems with missing heads and amputated limbs. They’re really weird, and they can be challenging for an unprepared adventurer. You’ll find your first Titanite Demon down the stairs from Andre the Blacksmith, guarding the entrance to the Blackroot Garden.
To farm Demon Titanite, you’ll need to find the only Titanite Demon that respawns in the entire game. Most, when defeated, disappear forever.
- Go to Lost Izalith and run through the lava field with the Bounding Demons. Sprint past the butt-demons and enter the ruins. Here, you’ll encounter Chaos Eaters. They’re weird squiggly mouth monsters that kind of look like a bowl filled with teeth.
- Past the Chaos Eaters, look for a path down into the courtyard filled with demon statues at the three-way fork. Run past the demon statues until you find the bridge.
- The Titanite Demon spawns on this bridge.
This Titanite Demon drops two Demon Titanites every single time. It takes a long time to reach him, even from the nearest bonfire, but at least there’s nothing random about what it drops.