There’s a secret Level 95 boss waiting for you after completing the main story of Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom, and unlocking his lair is no small task. You’ll start the quest pretty early on — in Chapter 4, you’ll automatically get the “Top Marks For Trying” side quest, sending your party all around the world to find dream fragments. If you can find all nine, you’ll be able to enter the secret tenth maze and battle the big bad boss.
Here, we’re going to explain where to find all ten Dreamer’s Doors. None of these doors can be missed, and you’ll be able to access most of them after acquiring the game’s flying machine — the Zippelin. Most of the doors are located in optional dungeons and shrines that you might’ve seen on the edges of the map, but couldn’t quite reach. Check the list of locations below to complete the “Top Marks For Trying” quest, and finally hunt down the greatest challenge in the game.
Still don’t know if Ni no Kuni 2 is for you? Check out the Gameranx impressions here and see why this is a JRPG adventure worth taking.
More Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom guides on Gameranx:
- Ni no Kuni 2: All Higgledy Locations | No Stone Unturned Guide
- Ni no Kuni 2: Get To Level 95 Faster With This Post-Game XP Grinding Method
Dreamer’s Doors Locations | Dream Big Guide
Dreamer’s Doors are special locked doors found in the environment. To open them, you’ll need to first acquire a key, then you’ll have to track down the doors on your own. The door leads to a Dreamer’s Maze — a dungeon with a special Level 95 boss fight the end. There are 10 Dreamer’s Doors to find in Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom.
- Dreamer’s Door #1: Grotty Grotto – The optional area is located southeast of Rolling Hills, or northeast from Auntie Martha’s Cottage. Follow the river east from the two bridges. The door is at the end of the small cave.
- Key: You can’t miss the key. You’ll get it in Chapter 4, after starting the “Top Marks For Trying” side quest. This key will open all Dreamer’s Doors.
- Dreamer’s Door #2: Sundown Woods – Found along the east of Wiggly Way. Go down through the woods and take the first right to a dead end.
- Dreamer’s Door #3: Eert Grove – Search the west mountains in the Calmlands to locate this dungeon. Inside, go right, left, and left again to reach the door.
- Dreamer’s Door #4: Shrine of Pining – Found on the eastern edge of the island of Makronos. The door is at the end of the small dungeon. Requires the Zippelin to reach.
- Dreamer’s Door #5: Tidewash Cave – Next, travel to the Cozy Cove area to locate Tidewash Cave. Look for an overgrown island in the cove. Requires the Zippelin to reach.
- Dreamer’s Door #6: Sublime Shrine – Found on the ridge to the east of the narrow canyon path leading to Chattertooth Ridge, northeast from Broadleaf. Go right, left, right, and left again to reach the door.
- Dreamer’s Door #7: Crooked Cavern – The single cave is on the Farflung Cape. Land in the donut-shaped zone and avoid the monster. Requires the Zippelin to reach.
- Dreamer’s Door #8: Blowtorch Cave – Found on the mountains northeast from Slakethirst Oasis. Requires the Zippelin to reach.
- Dreamer’s Door #9: Shivery Shrine – Located far northeast from the snow-covered Crash Site. Once inside, go left, right, and right to reach the door.
- Dreamer’s Door #10: Faraway Forest – The forest is easily visible on Faraway Isle, found in the southeastern part of the map. Go right, and then straight to locate the final door leading to a long maze and a Level 95 boss fight.
- Key: To get the key to the last door, you’ll need to complete the “Top Marks For Trying” side quest. Once you get all nine dream fragments, which can be collected in any order, you’ll be able to enter the tenth door.
- Dream a Little Dream: Awarded for entering your first Dreamer’s Door.
- Bad Dream: Awarded for hitting Danger Lv. 5 in a Dreamer’s Maze.
- Dream Big: Awarded for surviving 10 Dreamer’s Doors.