Late last year, Amplitude Studios released their upcoming 4x Sci-Fi strategy title on Steam Early Access. With a general postie fan base, the game has gone on to bring a unique feel to the 4x strategy genre.
Today, Amplitude Studios announced that a huge new update, titled as Riftborn, will be heading to the game. The Riftborn update brings a new civilization, multiplayer, and more life to the galaxy.
Check out the Riftborn Update trailer down below:
“Our team has worked hard on getting the multiplayer ready for players and we can’t wait to hear what everyone thinks,” says Romain de Waubert de Genlis, Creative Director at Amplitude Studios. “This Early Access iteration is a great opportunity for us to make sure that Multiplayer is optimal for the release.”
The New Endless Space 2 Update Includes:
- The Riftborn civilization: Featuring gameplay that revolves around a unique mechanic, the control of time, which they use to their advantage to completely change the course of the game.
- Multiplayer: Up to eight players can go head to head and battle for supremacy.
- New galaxy shapes: The universe is expanding with a Spiral-8 and an Ovoid galaxy.
- More life to the galaxy: New solar winds, nebulas and trading ships.
- AI ameliorations: Enhanced AI in Diplomacy and Battle.
- Improvements to the Battle System and Technology Tree.
- New tutorial for “Advanced” players: Offering tips and support for those more experienced players of the game.
- MUCH MORE!
Developer Amplitude does a great job by differentiating themselves from games like Civilization 6, which is a good thing. There’s plenty of reasons to check out Endless Space 2, but here are the top 5, check them out right here.
Endless Space 2 is currently available on Early Access on Steam, for $29.99 – standard edition and $37.49 – digital deluxe edition.