According to a recent tweet by Capcom Mobile, the six original Mega Man games will soon be launching on Android and iOS. Capcom launched its mobile studio earlier this year, with plans to release Monster Hunter and Sengoku Basara games for mobile in addition to Mega Man.
Through the mobile ports, Capcom intends to unite long time fans and newcomers alike in appreciation of what made Mega Man such a popular, iconic character. The details of all six games are as follows:
- Mega Man® Mobile – The evil Dr. Wily must be stopped in this classic action platformer, the original Mega Man!
- Mega Man® 2 Mobile– Dr. Wily resurfaces to threaten the world again! Only Mega Man can stand in his way.
- Mega Man® 3 Mobile – Fight berserk robots on uncharted planets. Mega Man must set a course for space to resolve this mysterious crisis.
- Mega Man® 4 Mobile – A year has passed since Mega Man’s battle in space. A new enemy appears – Dr. Cossack.
- Mega Man® 5 Mobile – Manic robots cause chaos in the city. How is Proto Man involved? Only Mega Man can find out!
- Mega Man® 6 Mobile – The Global Robot Alliance is formed, but this newfound peace is threatened by a new foe – the enigmatic Mr. X!
Mega Man 1-6 will be releasing in January 2017. Players who are interested in pre-registering for the games can do so here.