Paradox Interactive (Stellaris, Crusader Kings 2) has just announced the first expansion for its war strategy title Hearts of Iron IV. Entitled Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory, the expansion introduces a new autonomy mechanic that grants nations and dominions more power and independence, plus new national focus trees and events for Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India and South Africa.
The full list of features promises branching historical paths, combat performance analysis, and more:
- Spearheads: A new order simplifies breakthroughs in land invasions
- Continuous Focuses: Choose a National Focus to boost your nation’s capabilities over time, prioritizing one aspect of your military machine over another
- Alternate Histories: Each of the Dominion nations has alternate history branches. Lead South Africa to a Communist revolution that will end segregation but alienate Great Britain. Make Canada a Fascist state warily eyeing the giant to the south.
- Tech Sharing: Cozy up to an advanced great power and take advantage of their research progress to accelerate your own development.
- Combat Log: Extensive details on the performance of your divisions in battle are now available for you, Commander.
- Request Lend Lease: Ask for assistance from across the seas in the form of lend lease, adding new vehicles and equipment to beleaguered armies.
- New Art: New portraits for new leaders, old leaders have some portraits redone, and new unit designs and event pictures make their debut.
Hearts of Iron IV is the latest game in the Hearts of Iron series, and was first revealed to be in development in 2014. It is available through Steam for PC, Mac and Linux, and is currently on special for $26.79 USD until December 20.