Skyrim Special Edition is getting updated to version 1.2. It doesn’t add any new features, but it does fix a number of issues created by the previous 1.1 patch and resolves some performance-related hiccups.
In addition, the patch also brings some improvements to the mod browser.
The patch is currently available as a beta for players on the PC. To opt into the beta, you’ll need to go to the Properties menu of the game on Steam and select Beta from the Betas drop-down menu. This will cause the game to automatically update to the latest beta version.
We don’t know when the patch will be officially released, but it shouldn’t be long from now if you don’t intend to try out the beta version ahead of time.
Here’s what it does:
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issue related to using alt-tab while playing the game (PC)
- Fixed issue with water flow not rendering properly
- Fixed crash related to changing from werewolf back to human form
- Fixed crash related to reloading after changing load order of mods
- General bug fixing and improvements with browsing mods