Halo 5: Guardians released last year on October 27, 2015, and developers 343 Industries is making good on their promise of supporting the game post-launch. Gamers will soon have their hands on the video game’s latest DLC, Memories of Reach at some point this month. Today, we’re finally getting some details as to what will be changing for Halo 5.
343 Industries unveiled online as to what gamers can expect with Memories of Reach through Halo Waypoint. One of the highlighted portions of the new update talks about the latest matchmaking preferences. Now gamers will have some new options when searching for available video games matches which may now depend on skill level and internet connection.
There are now three options Balanced, Expanded, and Focused. 343 Industries describes the three as follows:
- Balanced (default): Search for a match based on your fireteam’s skill and network connection quality.
- Expanded: Widen search parameters to find the first available match with reasonable skill matching and network connection quality.
- Focused: Narrow search to find the best match based on your fireteam’s skill and connection. Search times may be longer than normal.
The Post Game Carnage Report, or otherwise known as the PGCR, will also have some new details. Gamers will soon see the overview of your rewards earned within the match along with the variety of medals.
Here’s how you can access the new details when Memories of Reach launches:
- All Medals earned from the match, including quantity, medal rarity, and description
- Tool of Destruction
- Killed Most (see who each player killed most, and how many times)
- Killed By (see who each player fell victim to the most, and how many times)
- Press LB or RB to view Commendations or Progress from your Recap
- Press LT or RT to view Recaps of other players from the match.
It was also stated that there was a variety of weapons that were balanced, campaign and AI updates. Furthermore, the development team tweaked the movement speed for crouched players. Though it’s not a dramatic speed up, it’s said to be a sweet spot for gamers who are looking to flank the opposing team.
Lastly, a new image was posted to showcase all the REQs included in Memories of Reach. Take a look at that image down below.