Survival mode aims to make the game more challenging and more realistic with no fast travel option and the need to eat, sleep, and drink.
Some of the major changes in the update include a lower carry capacity, the amount of sleep players need, and the increased weight of fusion cores.
The new changes are as follows:
New Survival Features
- Thirst, hunger, sleep and disease icons will change color based on status
- Less food and drink are required to maintain proper sustenance
- Carry capacity lowered
- Sleep cycle has been lowered from 24 hours to 14 hour days
- Reduced chances of getting a disease
- Fusion cores weigh more
- Nuka Cola Quantums no longer cancel out caffeine effect from Nuka Cola and Nuka Cola Cherry
- Fixed occasional issue with becoming parched or peckish when thirst or hunger are actually satisfied
- Fixed issue where Adrenaline effect would incorrectly persist after changing difficulty level
- When companion is down, a quest target will appear on them
Last month saw the release of the Automatron DLC which added a new storyline and settlement to the game. It will be followed by Wasteland Workshop on April 12th. The DLC allows players to capture animals and even raiders and force them to fight in an arena. You can even send your settlers into the ring if you want to.
Survival mode should be available for console players soon.