Bungie has shared the salient details of Destiny‘s upcoming April update.
Here’s the quick and short roundup of what they revealed:
- The April Update will provide new Armor and Weapons for your Guardian
- Chroma is a new material that enables you to add a luminous glow to your character
- Chroma can be added to Weapons allowing you to customize the look of your gun for the first time
- Chroma can be mixed and matched to a degree, and Bungie seems to want players to experiment and see what works. You will be collecting Chroma in the Reef.
- Sterling Treasure boxes are a source of new Armor, Chroma, Ships, Sparrows, and Boosts
- You can earn a total of three Sterling Treasure boxes each week
- Play one weekly Crucible match featured in the Director
- Emerge triumphant from the Level 41 Prison of Elders
- Visit a Postmaster in the Tower or the Reef
- Eververse has Sterling Treasure boxes, too, along with new Emotes for your Guardian
- Vault Space is being expanded with one additional tab for Armor, Weapons, and General items
- Some popular Year One Legendary Weapons are making a comeback in Year Two
- There is a Taken Sword, illustrated in the cover image.
These are some of the Legendary Year One weapons coming in April:
- The Devil You Know
- Shadow Price
- LDR 5001
- Badger CCL
- The Comedian
- THE SWARM
- Y-09 Longbow Synthesis
- Grim Citizen III
- Two to the Morgue
- Zombie Apocalypse WF47
- The Saterienne Rapier
- Lord High Fixer
Bungie says some more exotics are also coming. Bungie sums it up by stating they will have another preview for the April update this coming April 6 11 AM PDT.