The Overwatch beta recently received a huge new update that added Weekly Brawls into the game. The feature is borrowed from Hearthstone, and introduces a new gameplay mode that rotates every week to provide gamers with variations on the base game.
In addition to expanding the Play of the Game replay function, a new map and some other stuff, the patch builds upon the game’s existing features with new ones that may be just the start of even more content to come in the upcoming months before the game’s official release in May.
Some enterprising gamers have since datamined the patch’s contents to discover the modes offered by its Weekly Brawls, which we can expect to see in the rotation. At the moment, the Brawls rotate on a daily basis, but this will change in the future.
Here’s what’s up (via Overpwn):
- Super Shimada Bros. – Welcome to Hanamura. Genji and Hanzo only. Faster abilities, slower ultimates
- Mystery Heroes – On death you will respawn as a randomly selected hero
- Justice Rains From Above! – Pharah and Mercy take to the skies
- Arcade – More health! Faster ability and ultimate cooldowns! Faster respawn
- We’re All Soldiers Now – Soldier: 76 takes command of the Control Maps
- High Noon – It’s high noon on Route 66. Headhots with McCree only
- Show Your Support – All support heroes. Limited to 2 of the same per team
- Tanks A Lot – All tank heroes. Limited to 2 of the same per team
- Overly Defensive – All defense heroes. Limited to 2 of the same per team
- Highly Offensive – All offense heroes. Limited to 2 of the same per team
- Head’s Up!- McCree, Genji, Hanzo and Widowmaker. Headshots only
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly – McCree, Reaper and Roadhog duke it out
- MOBA-watch – Unique heroes per team. No hero switching allowed
- Girl Power – Female heroes only. Sorry boys
Blizzard will undoubtedly expand this list with even more modes in the future, but this is what’s available for now. The game comes out on May 24, 2016 for the PC, Xbox One and PS4. The studio is also releasing animated shorts to tell the game’s story.