The patch notes for version 1.10 of Metal Gear Online have been released.
This is the same patch found in Cloaked in Silence, the update that adds Quiet as a playable character, as well as the maps Coral Complex, Rust Palace, and Azure Mountain. Only one player can choose to play Quiet online at the ‘Create Match’ screen. On top of these additions are even more features and changes we have summarized for you below:
- A new Sabotage mission has been added. One team has to destroy or fulton the opposing team’s missile within a round. That team has to hack an electromagnetic barrier protecting the missile before they can get to it.
- Appeal Actions, gestures players can use to communicate with their teammates, have been added in.
- PS4, Xbox One, and Steam users can set themselves as dedicated hosts.
- GP Boost can now be bought with MB coins. This item increases the GP you get from matches.
- You can now buy more character slots with MB coins as well, from the default three to as much as eight slots.
- Player ranks have been added. Ranks are tied to your account, with 21 levels. They are publicly viewable on briefing screens and the scoreboards.
- There is a new secondary weapon, the combat knife. Snake can switch freely between his prosthetic arm and the knife, and there will be a knife kills score.
- There is a specific action to wake up tranquilized and stunned teammates. Kicking your teammate no longer wakes them up, but if you do wake someone up, you can get an Assist score.
- You can wormhole fulton enemies after charging up your buddy gauge.
- There are new titles, medals, present texts, and BGM sets.
There have also been tweaks made to weapons, items, abilities, scoring, damage, knockback, mission, balancing, and more. You can read the full patch notes here.