Riot Games has released patch notes for update 4.07 heading to the multiplayer first-person shooter, Valorant. The popular online game was first released in June 2020 as free-to-play and has since gained a large following. The new update has brought several updates and changes to the game including bug fixes, improved load times, and a reduction in the power of burst-fire weapons. Update 4.07 doesn’t affect the weapons’ damage but players will no longer be able to use the quick-burst mechanic that has become so popular among players.
Check out the full patch notes for Valorant below!
Valorant Update 4.07 Patch Notes
- Added a new set of servers in Latin America, which should help with latency in that region. (Scheduled to turn on not long after 4.07 is live.)
- Bulldog and Stinger now delay firing inputs while bringing up the weapon to aim down sights (ADS)
○ Prevents you from getting burst mode accuracy improvements before they finish raising your weapon.
○ Adds a slight cost to the decision to switch to burst firing mid-combat.
○ You can still begin firing immediately while switching back to full auto/hip fire mode.
- Ability-based weapons* can now also be input-queued to equip after the current action
○ *This includes: Chamber guns and ultimates for Neon, Jett, and Raze
- Load times for the VP purchase page should now load in a matter of seconds (previously, it would take more than thirty seconds in some instances)
- Added new detections for different AFK-like behaviors in rotating game modes BUGS
- Fixed a bug where Yoru could use a weapon immediately at the end of his ultimate by exploiting an unwanted interaction with ropes
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to defuse the Spike while channeling abilities Skye’s Seekers can once again break through the destructible doors on Ascent
- Fixed a bug where comms-restricted players could not listen to team voice chat ● Fixed a bug where players were not always immediately removed from the game after being banned
- Fixed a bug that was causing performance bonuses to show at incorrect times
- Fixed an issue where briefly tapping the “Use Spike” button to plant the Spike could cause you to end up holding the Spike instead of your last equipped weapon