Pre-orders for the next installment in the StarCraft 2 saga, Legacy of the Void, are now available, Blizzard announced today.
Players can pre-purchase either the standard edition (USD $39.99) or the digital deluxe edition (USD $59.99), which comes packed with the game and:
· Three (3) Protoss-inspired portraits for StarCraft 2
· New Protoss unit skin for StarCraft 2
· Archon pet for World of Warcraft
· Protoss-themed card back for Hearthstone
· Probe pet and Protoss transmog for Diablo 3
· Void Seeker mount for Heart of the Storm
Both editions are standalone products, meaning you can purchase Legacy of the Void and play without the purchase of the previous two installments of StarCraft 2, Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm. Previously, Heart of the Swarm was considered and expansions pack for Wings of Liberty. All StarCraft 2 products are now standalone products.
Legacy of the Void will be the final installment of the StarCraft 2 trilogy and is expected to be released on PC and Mac in winter 2015/2016. Those who pre-purchase will get access to the beta for the Whispers of Oblivion prologue, which is set to be free to the public upon official release.