The Left 4 Dead franchise was and still is massively popular. This series throws players into an action title where your main goal is to survive an onslaught of undead zombies. With a variety of different zombies and unique weapons, the game has proven to be an addictive hit. There have only been two main installments for the IP which is now owned by Valve. Despite fans asking for another installment, there’s been nothing new in development. That doesn’t mean that there is no content rolling out for Left 4 Dead 2.
In fact, there’s quite an active community fan base that’s offering players new levels or missions. It’s a work of passion for these fans to continue offering content for this beloved franchise. However, it wasn’t long ago that we got word of a fan-created update that would be supported officially through the PC platform. This update was called The Last Stand, and outside of the name we really didn’t know just what to expect. Now an official trailer has released offering players a heads up of what to expect when this update rolls out later in the month.
In The Last Stand, Left 4 Dead 2 players will have quite a bit of content to chew through. Players will find new survival maps, achievements, animations, dialogue, and a slew of new fixes to get rid of some pesky bugs. For a complete rundown that was supplied on the official YouTube channel for the game update JAiZ, check out the notes down below. Meanwhile, you can expect the update to release on September 24, 2020, for the PC platform.
Left 4 Dead 2 – The Last Stand
- 30 brand new achievements – New and unique milestones to strive for!
- 26 new survival maps – How long can you survive against the endless hordes?
- 4 new scavenge maps – Wait, people still play scavenge?
- 2 brand new melee weapons – Hunt down a Jockey with the pitchfork or whack it with the shovel. Satisfaction guaranteed!
- L4D1 infected – The L4D1 infected are back, and they’re bloodier than ever!
- New and previously unused voice lines for survivors – Rochelle has a personality now!
- New character animations – New, improved, and overhauled animations by our skilled modding team!
- Reworked gun models and animations – The guns now behave more like real guns!
- PvP enhancements and balance changes – New attack spots, new tank spawns, and hundreds of newly infected ladders for the competitive modes!
- Official implementation of CSS weapons – The CSS weapons are now available to everyone!
- Brand new mutations Rocketdude and Tank run – Ever wanted to launch yourself around with a grenade launcher, or run away from hordes of tanks? We’ve got you covered.
- Improved UI options – Singleplayer option for more game modes, Versus Survival is officially brought to the main menu, easier game mode switching, and new outro stats!
- Hundreds of bug and exploit fixes – The days of falling through elevators are gone!